Mark Y Golem Collection Problem

Hi guys,I'm almost at the end of this collection, the last 2 items i need is Medical Aid Recording where i have to revive 10 allies and the UGH Serpent's Ire meta.I've attempted numerous times to rez fallen allies in Destiny Gorge as well as players during various events, (must have rezzed hundreds by now) but this recording has not worked in any of those cases so far. I have spoken to many people in map chats and they all said reviving fallen NPCs in Destiny Gorge worked for them but it's not working for me. I've even tried it on different days and characters to no avail.All info I've looked at (incl. wiki, dulfy guide etc) none specify any particular place u have to rez allies at, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and managed to resolve it, or if anyone could give me any tips I'd be eternally grateful.

On a side note, this collection is driving me crazy, I have all these completed recordings and the golem will not take them off me, my bags are full of them and I'm having to keep them there. He has taken a few so far, but it seems I have to complete these last 2 b4 he will take any more. A truly annoying collection and terribly implemented, so much so, I'm really regretting ever having started it.Anyway, I'd appreciate any help.Thanks

@"Pifil.5193" said:Have you revived allies using the character that bought the recording device?

An ArenaNet employee recommended doing that if you were having difficulties with this recording.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/442869

Tyvm, it's a good indicator how poorly this collection has been implemented. I had to go through all the characters that might have purchased the device and the one that bought it worked. OMG invisible buff? Wth, whoever thought of that?

What's even worse now, although I completed that recording and only have the Serpet's Ire one to do, the golem will not take any other completed ones from me. I have 13 recordings in my inventory and he won't take any? I doubt they're all related to Serpent's Ire? This is really depressing.

Now I have to deal with Serpent's Ire which in itself is another big problem. Very few ppl attempt it b/c it scales horribly and it fails lot more than it succeeds. So instead of forcing people to do this badly designed event via some collection, why not redesign it? Make it fun and rewarding instead and people will play it. As is, I've been trying all week to get it done and every time, there's only a handful of people attempting it which ofc always fails, as it requires massive zerg to succeed.

When I first saw Mark Y Golem, and it's animations, I thought it was amazing, but despite that, I've lost interest in it due to it's poor implementation and it simply hasn't been fun to do this collection. I thought Anet learned a lesson with Legendary collections, but I guess not.

Right now, I just want to get rid of these recordings from my bags. I'll try that event a couple of more times and if I can't complete it, I will be deleting these recordings, despite all the hard work I've put into it. No backpack is worth the stress and frustrations I've experienced with this collection.

What's even worse now, although I completed that recording and only have the Serpet's Ire one to do, the golem will not take any other completed ones from me. I have 13 recordings in my inventory and he won't take any? I doubt they're all related to Serpent's Ire? This is really depressing.

As far as I know, golem takes recordings in parts. Something like giving him first recording enables possibility to give next three or four. And then you need fifth because till then he won't accept sixth, seventh etc.

@banshee.9328 said:

As far as I know, golem takes recordings in parts. Something like giving him first recording enables possibility to give next three or four. And then you need fifth because till then he won't accept sixth, seventh etc.

Yes i know and he has taken some from me, but as i said, i have 13 completed recordings and he won't take any more till it seems, i complete Vanquished Branded Recording, which is the branded area meta in Vabbi. I don't believe all 13 of them are related to that meta? For eg: why won't he take the Amnoon recordings that are all completed? I don't see how any of them are related to the Vabbi meta? It's a pile of non-nonsensical mess if you ask me. Why didn't they make it so he takes recording from each zone, that would make more sense to me.

i have 13 completed recordings and he won't take any more till it seems, i complete Vanquished Branded Recording, which is the branded area meta in Vabbi. I don't believe all 13 of them are related to that meta?No, they are not related, but when you finish Branded, he will take 4 more from you, then will take another one since you have it in inventory and then another 4 related anyhow to it. It works that way for whatever reasons ;)

In another words it's like 5 consecutive collections combined in one.

Archived