Temporary Freezes during Game-play (not hard-freezes)

I keep experiencing temp. freezes during gameplay. It happens everywhere and seems to accompany a new player or NPC character entering the area around me. It's VERY prevalent around waypoints and portals.

It'll go down usually around 3 seconds at min., but can be much longer. This is especially so in areas with a lot of activity like lion's arch.

Any known fixes for this?

Windows 10 anniversary update (latest updates), Nvidia 780ti, 8 gigs of ram, SSD with plenty of space, core i5.

Had the same issue; clearing the cache and temp files seemed to fix the issue for me. C:/ users/username/appdata/roaming/guildwars2 and also in the main folder (right click desktop shortcut "open file location") and deleted everything but the gw2.exe and the .dat file; the rest are recreated on launch.

Have a lot of those also, but only micro freezes, under 1 second.An interesting thing found in log file

*--> DirectX Device Info <--*VendorId    = 0x10deDeviceId    = 0x1b06Version     = 23.21.0013.9101Description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TiCompat      = 0x00100000VidMem      = **3072 MB**

I don't know how much the performance is affected by the game seeing only 3 GB of RAM out of 11 GB.

Archived