DC and DC and DC

Centuri.7810

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:All this flaming and blame against Anet only shows your immaturity. If you were mature enough, you would understand big patches like this will never come smoothly, and they are probably working their butts of in the office even right now.

Personally I've been lucky enough to not have problems with the story, but I can't get to Desolation at all (infinite loading screen). The game also freezes for a few seconds every now and then, waypoints have a huge delay and there's usually at least one disconnect per hour played. Right now I can't log in on my character at all. But hey, that's life.

Good they should work hard before they sell us defective products.I personally don't have a problem with the DCing as long as I can go back and play and same thing for rollbacks.

But right now I'm trapped outside can't even play the core game because it wont let me in and yes its pretty anoying because I work everyday and when I finally have time to play I can't play.

To be fair, they doing their best. I kept getting DC and ported to LA too, annoying? Yes. They (at least in my case), seem to have addressed it after few hours, with DCs being a lot more infrequent and no longer being ported to LA. To be fair, the release of PoF wasn't that bad comparing to some other releases I have experienced for other MMOs (including game giants like Wow, with Blizzard having almost infinite budget), where servers would go down for hours upon launch. All releases need time to adjust. There is a huge discrepancy between release and playable. Give it a week and (hopefully) it will all be smoothed out. In long run, in my experience of 15+ years of MMO gaming, it's far from being a "horrible launch" like some people make it out to be, it's not perfect, but no launch ever is, give it time.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:All this flaming and blame against Anet only shows your immaturity. If you were mature enough, you would understand big patches like this will never come smoothly, and they are probably working their butts of in the office even right now.

Personally I've been lucky enough to not have problems with the story, but I can't get to Desolation at all (infinite loading screen). The game also freezes for a few seconds every now and then, waypoints have a huge delay and there's usually at least one disconnect per hour played. Right now I can't log in on my character at all. But hey, that's life.

let's agree to disagree. then.. The more we "accept" trash quality the more we will get it. I paid for a functional product, and I want to use it. They might be working their asses off to fix it now, but that's because they rushed it out or they did a shit job leading up to launch. doesnt' change the fact that I have paid full price for it and I have every right to expect a fully functional product for it. I don't think you would accept if you bought a new tv and when they deliver it they'd say, "well it does not work now, but we will be working on it for another week or two, and then maybe you can use it then" you would probably say "take this shit away I'll buy from someone else instead"...

Sorry but they fucked up this release. There is no other way to say it.The charged money for it, they got the money now they better deliver what they promised.

@Madman.6912 said:

let's agree to disagree. then.. The more we "accept" trash quality the more we will get it. I paid for a functional product, and I want to use it. They might be working their kitten off to fix it now, but that's because they rushed it out or they did a kitten job leading up to launch. doesnt' change the fact that I have paid full price for it and I have every right to expect a fully functional product for it. I don't think you would accept if you bought a new tv and when they deliver it they'd say, "well it does not work now, but we will be working on it for another week or two, and then maybe you can use it then" you would probably say "take this kitten away I'll buy from someone else instead"...

I see it the same way: Even though it may be quite common to use regular customers as beta testers, I as a paying customer do not have to accept this practise. I paid for the game and this includes having paid for being able to play it. I don't care how hard they are working now to fix it, and if the login servers are under too much load or whatsoever. They knew, how many copies they sold and they should have provided login capacities according to these numbers in the first place.This really annoys me, every time they do this and they do this regularily, every time they publish some bigger patch to the game. They sell fun, but what you get is frustration.

@Madman.6912 said:

let's agree to disagree. then.. The more we "accept" trash quality the more we will get it. I paid for a functional product, and I want to use it. They might be working their kitten off to fix it now, but that's because they rushed it out or they did a kitten job leading up to launch. doesnt' change the fact that I have paid full price for it and I have every right to expect a fully functional product for it. I don't think you would accept if you bought a new tv and when they deliver it they'd say, "well it does not work now, but we will be working on it for another week or two, and then maybe you can use it then" you would probably say "take this kitten away I'll buy from someone else instead"...

There is a difference between being accepting of trash quality and being mature and aware of what a launch of a product is. You obviously don't have enough experience with games of this nature to know what a real trash release is (like some servers being down for days in Wow, which is not only a paid product but also a subscription based on top of that for example, and Blizz is a company with almost unlimited funding). Every launch needs grace period to smooth things out. The realism of the situation is that no matter how much money and how many people you got on staff, you can't anticipate every single factor, shit happens. What really will show the quality of the company is how they will address these issues and how fast, and given it's a second day, I am not gonna start taking it out Anet as they at least are appearing to be working their butts off. If things don't improve within a week though, that's when I would agree with you.

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Madman.6912 said:

There is a difference between being accepting of trash quality and being mature and aware of what a launch of a product is. You obviously don't have enough experience with games of this nature to know what a real trash release is (like some servers being down for days in Wow, which is not only a paid product but also a subscription based on top of that for example, and Blizz is a company with almost unlimited funding). Every launch needs grace period to smooth things out. The realism of the situation is that no matter how much money and how many people you got on staff, you can't anticipate every single factor, kitten happens. What really will show the quality of the company is how they will address these issues and how fast, and given it's a second day, I am not gonna start taking it out Anet as they at least are appearing to be working their butts off. If things don't improve within a week though, that's when I would agree with you.

I have been playing MMO-s for about 10 years (including wow), and being an MMO is not an excuse for anything. I have also been a software engineer for about 15, and I am quite familiar with software releases, also not an excuse ... I am not debating the "quality of the company" I am debating the quality of the product.Also, even though there have been bumps on the road for similar releases, the occasional bump along the way while you are playing it does not compare to not even being able to start...

@Centuri.7810 said:So you'r working on PoF since 2 years and 24H after the release we still can't play at this because your servers are totally kitten...

Never saw this on other video games

Congratulations

You must be new to MMO’s. I’ve been playing MMO’s for 20 years (since 1998). This is nothing new. There’s been much worse launches. Not everything in life will give you instant gratification.

@KalTaron.4961 said:

Sorry but they kitten up this release. There is no other way to say it.The charged money for it, they got the money now they better deliver what they promised.

You know, I bet you can get a refund and not be able to play PoF at all until you buy it again.

You can complain all you want but I don't think it will grant anet devs superpowers so they can magically fix the problems for you all. I think they are pretty aware of the problems, instead of flaming them, try to be constructive and give feedback in a good manner. I understand you are angry, but being rude won't help anyone.

providing shitty release won't help anyone too , if they are not ready for a realease they just can delay it like many games .

Second you talk about your games from 20 years ago .Video games team are totally different now , sure we totally have more player but it's not like it's their first game with their first release , we'r in 2017 , it's the second expansion.

It's a shame to release something which is impossible to play

@Madman.6912 said:I have been playing MMO-s for about 10 years (including wow), and being an MMO is not an excuse for anything. I have also been a software engineer for about 15, and I am quite familiar with software releases, also not an excuse ... I am not debating the "quality of the company" I am debating the quality of the product.Also, even though there have been bumps on the road for similar releases, the occasional bump along the way while you are playing it does not compare to not even being able to start...

I have been playing MMOs for about 20 years now, and I have spent years writing MMO reviews, play testing etc., and this is nowhere near a "bad" release to me, as I have seen many worse ones. I also have many friends in your field as well, but whom actively work in MMO field (nature of the job), and as I was informed, there is a limit to how much you can prepare for, with mmos being one of the hardest platforms to release for.

Some people seem to have worse problems than others, so the personal experiences will vary. Trying to brand the entire release as crap just because of your own personal experience is a joke. It sucks, and I feel for you, but on a grand scale, this is not a "bad" release. There have been far worse releases from other companies with servers going down for over a week at a time, lack of costumer service support to companies trying to rip people off on top of having to paid for the game. As far as I can tell, yeah there are people with problems (including myself), but on the same note there is a good number of people that can still play the game and their bugs feel minor. At least as I see Anet is addressing those issues as fast as they can and they do it publicly, not hiding behind charades and ambiguity. Given that is is is not a great release, it is by FAR not as bad as you and some try to paint it as.

@Cosbuster.4379 said:Got a DC right after the first mission, so I didn't unlock the WP and after logging again I was back in LA.

Not being able to find a way back to the desert, I replayed the first mission only to get a DC once again. I'm starting to get angry now...

Oh God. This is exactly what happened to me last night, its all getting abit frustrating and i now don't want to log in at all as I keep getting DC and rollbacks.

• First I had a downloading bug with it stuck in the 80's for a couple of hours
  • Then I just got stuck on login screen with a disconnect error for another few hours
  • Finally got in about 10pm - got stuck in several login delays but eventually got the story part to get the Raptor - DC 2 seconds after getting into map
  • Back at Lions Arch, couldn't continue, get back via ship, or back up the previous step to redo the whole instance
  • A couple of hours later a patch -I now could go back and redo the story - as soon as I finished and clicked to leave instance I DC
  • Back in Lions Arch AGAIN - manage to get another character out there do the whole story again, manage to get her to the WP then DC
  • Get back in! ( after a big delay on the login screen) do some events DC get rolled back to a point in the map near the beginning lost all progress
  • Decide to risk going back in tonight hoping for a little more stability - such massive lag I die 3 times and DC again, only saw about 10 people on the map

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Madman.6912 said:I have been playing MMO-s for about 10 years (including wow), and being an MMO is not an excuse for anything. I have also been a software engineer for about 15, and I am quite familiar with software releases, also not an excuse ... I am not debating the "quality of the company" I am debating the quality of the product.Also, even though there have been bumps on the road for similar releases, the occasional bump along the way while you are playing it does not compare to not even being able to start...

I have been playing MMOs for about 20 years now, and I have spent years writing MMO reviews, play testing etc., and this is nowhere near a "bad" release to me, as I have seen many worse ones. I also have many friends in your field as well, but whom actively work in MMO field (nature of the job), and as I was informed, there is a limit to how much you can prepare for, with mmos being one of the hardest platforms to release for.

Some people seem to have worse problems than others, so the personal experiences will vary. Trying to brand the entire release as crap just because of your own personal experience is a joke. It kitten, and I feel for you, but on a grand scale, this is not a "bad" release. There have been far worse releases from other companies with servers going down for over a week at a time, lack of costumer service support to companies trying to rip people off on top of having to paid for the game. As far as I can tell, yeah there are people with problems (including myself), but on the same note there is a good number of people that can still play the game and their bugs feel minor. At least as I see Anet is addressing those issues as fast as they can and they do it publicly, not hiding behind charades and ambiguity. Given that is is is not a great release, it is by FAR not as bad as you and some try to paint it as.

Sorry, but if your justification for why this is not a bad launch is that you have seen worse, then we simply have different standards. For me an even bigger f...up does not make a smaller f..up not a f...up. It is like saying at your burglar's trial that it is ok because some other people do worse things...

@Centuri.7810 said:providing kitten release won't help anyone too , if they are not ready for a realease they just can delay it like many games .

Second you talk about your games from 20 years ago .Video games team are totally different now , sure we totally have more player but it's not like it's their first game with their first release , we'r in 2017 , it's the second expansion.

It's a shame to release something which is impossible to play

I don't blame Anets' devs for this. I blame the ones sitting a few levels above them in the hirachy, who get the big money we throw at them. The ones that are responsible for not getting more devs in order to get the job properly done in the time given, or who know exactly how many people will want to play the game at release but are too parsimonious to buy a proper amount of ressources to deal with the numbers.

Archived