Dishonoured Due To Crash

allias.1420

So right before the match I wanted to record the gameplay with Geforce Experience. As soon as I pressed record the pc froze entirely. I had to open up task manager, sign out and sign back in asap. Ofc, as one would expect, as soon as I get back in there's a triple cap, my team mates are abusing each other and map chat is just a mess of insults and whatever. Anyway, I get back in and I find that I'm instantly dishonoured and lost 16 points. I mean, how is this fair? It's unfortunate, I can deal a loss but at least remove the dishonour for logging back on

it's 15 mins dis, also losing 16 points is quite a big deal as a victory usually earns me 8-12 points. it's w/e i'm over it now but just in case it happens in the future, which could very well do knowing my pc, it would be nice if they removed dishonour after returning within 2 or 3 minutes from a dc

@allias.1420 said:So right before the match I wanted to record the gameplay with Geforce Experience. As soon as I pressed record the pc froze entirely. I had to open up task manager, sign out and sign back in asap. Ofc, as one would expect, as soon as I get back in there's a triple cap, my team mates are abusing each other and map chat is just a mess of insults and whatever. Anyway, I get back in and I find that I'm instantly dishonoured and lost 16 points. I mean, how is this fair? It's unfortunate, I can deal a loss but at least remove the dishonour for logging back on

I doubt that the game can tell a difference between Ragequit, DC or PC Crash so it has to treat them all like a prohibited action otherwise the Ragequits would go unpunished. The number of Ragequits and AFKers is definitely much higher than random DCs or Crashes, so it is more profitable, Community-wise, to leave it that way as I believe there is no way, at least no easy way, to program the Game to be able to recognize if the leaving was intended or not.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@allias.1420 said:So right before the match I wanted to record the gameplay with Geforce Experience. As soon as I pressed record the pc froze entirely. I had to open up task manager, sign out and sign back in asap. Ofc, as one would expect, as soon as I get back in there's a triple cap, my team mates are abusing each other and map chat is just a mess of insults and whatever. Anyway, I get back in and I find that I'm instantly dishonoured and lost 16 points. I mean, how is this fair? It's unfortunate, I can deal a loss but at least remove the dishonour for logging back on

I doubt that the game can tell a difference between Ragequit, DC or PC Crash so it has to treat them all like a prohibited action otherwise the Ragequits would go unpunished. The number of Ragequits and AFKers is definitely much higher than random DCs or Crashes, so it is more profitable, Community-wise, to leave it that way as I believe there is no way, at least no easy way, to program the Game to be able to recognize if the leaving was intended or not.

thing is, afkers don't dc. They usually just stand around idle, moving about intermittently to prevent dc, so they go unpunished anyway. and yeah, ragequitters could abuse the system if it prevented them dishonour for logging back on. I suppose thats just the way it's gotta be, sucks for me but hey

Archived