I don't think so, it started right after i had put a code because here in Germany the IP changes from time to time to prevent hacking of internet. They sent me the normal sms, i logged in and logged out, switched accts (forgot i had a free to play acct from 4 yrs ago), came back to main acct and the sms mails by that time had came 4 times and i am still receiving them. This has been going since 5 pm Monday evening and it is now 8 am Tuesday morning. (The repeat of the very same exact sms with exact same code started 10 minutes after i got the first one.)

Few days ago I had to remove this authentication, 'cause I realised it can be even risky for me. The SIM card that I registered, expired few days ago (I can still receive for a while, but I cannot call anymore), and even if I changed the telephone number on my profile, the authentication code arrives on the old number. Then I thought "what if I lose my phone? It already happened twice. It's easier to lose a cellphone than to have someone hacking my LAN". And I removed this feature. In the end the simple e-mail authentication was easier.

When I logged into the game it wanted a code so i put the code you sent, after that i logged in and logged out, switched accts (forgot i had a free to play acct from 4 yrs ago), came back to main acct and the sms mails by that time had came 4 times and i am still receiving them. This has been going since 5 pm Monday evening and it is now 4:20 pm Wednesday. (The repeat of the very same exact sms with exact same code started 10 minutes after i got the first one.) The sms emails are waking me up at night and i am starting to get very annoyed. can one of ya'll please fix this?

@"Snowflake.7952" said:When I logged into the game it wanted a code so i put the code you sent, after that i logged in and logged out, switched accts (forgot i had a free to play acct from 4 yrs ago), came back to main acct and the sms mails by that time had came 4 times and i am still receiving them. This has been going since 5 pm Monday evening and it is now 4:20 pm Wednesday. (The repeat of the very same exact sms with exact same code started 10 minutes after i got the first one.) The sms emails are waking me up at night and i am starting to get very annoyed. can one of ya'll please fix this?

Personally, I don't like relying on SMS for such codes, and I find the "behaviour" you're noticing odd, but may not be related to Anet, It could be your service provider.

You may find it easier to use an app to provide you with such codes. For example, Google Authenticator for Android, or for iOS

Archived