The Binding of Ipos - Location on Character

While I haven't tested this for any other race, the location the Binding of Ipos rests on asura has absolutely terrible clipping with the characters hand and arm. If you check the preview from the wardrobe collection tab in the bank, you can see it's in a different location if you check the wielded or weapon only view and then preview it stowed once more. I originally thought that would be how the weapon would look, but once equipped, it's clipping my hand and rather overly large and bulky. Are there any plans to re-scale/relocate the book?

was how to give you a different hand. Spoilers: I didn't. I covered yours up, hence the large size of the claw - it has to fully encompass your hand. It's not your hand anyway, it's a magic demon hand. Also, don't let the preview window fool you, it's not actually accurate size in there (though it sounds like you crafted it).

Believe me, it bothers me too; even more so since it's my creation and I want it to be perfect! This was yet another problem I had to deal with and it ended up being something I could not solve. Since I can't move the arm I'm limited to moving the book around and messing with the size.

The book actually does scale down and it squishes flatter while on your hip to help a little, but no amount of scaling or squishing would remove the clipping on some races unless you want a book for ants. Scaling it down also presents its own set of issues so the final result you see was the best solution.

I tried everything.

These are problems I deal with every time I make hip stowed weapons and there are quite a few others that share this issue. Making weapons is a game of compromises and it's an art to even get things to look as good as you end up seeing them in game. Game development in a nutshell.

This doesn't directly address your specific concern, but I hope it offers some explanation as to why the weapon's animations might still clip on some races in some circumstances.

Archived