Boon conversion table

Nokzy Two.1734

Curious to see what others think, but Stability converting into Fear as well as Resistance to Immob feel pretty shit. Can't count how many times I'll pre stab before a mid fight to get instantly feared twice in a row. Resistance convert is more of a Wvw problem but still bad. I don't see why Stability, a counter to CC, should be converting into.... CC. Maybe I'm wrong tho, thoughts?

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Prebuffing versus a Necro? I thought people had figured it out by now that that's a dumb thing to do.

Well considering my class is going to naturally stack those same buffs 1 second into the fight just to get stripped/converted anyway, using Toss Elixir B for stab a second prior to entering combat will prevent any other enemy CC before it is converted... Hard concept I know.

@Nokzy Two.1734 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Prebuffing versus a Necro? I thought people had figured it out by now that that's a dumb thing to do.

Well considering my class is going to naturally stack those same buffs 1 second into the fight just to get stripped/converted anyway, using Toss Elixir B for stab a second prior to entering combat will prevent any other enemy CC before it is converted... Hard concept I know.

Not really. Pre-buffing Stab before combat is a bad move period.

If you pre-buff versus a necro, you end up getting disabled once more than you would have otherwise. Clearly, bad idea.

If you pre-buff Stab versus anyone else, then they see you have Stability and don't hard CC you until it drops off, in which case it actually did nothing and you're down an important cooldown.

"But that period they didn't hard CC me means they didn't stunlock and burst!" Well, not really. It doesn't stop Thieves from doing it (actually makes it worse for you, because now the Thief has Stab), and Mesmers can either strip it themselves or power right through a couple Stab stacks. Everyone else is unlikely to try and burst at the opening of a fight anyway and/or doesn't open with hard CC.

Toss Elixir B should be used during the fight, not before it.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Prebuffing versus a Necro? I thought people had figured it out by now that that's a dumb thing to do.

If you pre-buff versus a necro, you end up getting disabled once more than you would have otherwise. Clearly, bad idea.

If you pre-buff Stab versus anyone else, then they see you have Stability and don't hard CC you until it drops off, in which case it actually did nothing and you're down an important cooldown.

"But that period they didn't hard CC me means they didn't stunlock and burst!" Well, not really. It doesn't stop Thieves from doing it (actually makes it worse for you, because now the Thief has Stab), and Mesmers can either strip it themselves or power right through a couple Stab stacks. Everyone else is unlikely to try and burst at the opening of a fight anyway and/or doesn't open with hard CC.

If I'm pre stabbing before a mid fight its to stop CC from another class other than Necros prior to strip. Other Holo, Thief/Message openers, Spellbreaker will all try to CC early in a fight so to say people won't use CC in early mid fights is silly. And no, I have close to permanent stab so your not going to just wait it out. The fight won't Last long enough for you to keep waiting it out, and if you do I have stun breaks. And any class with strip such as Mesmer like you said are going to strip it regardless, so like I said the pre stab from Toss is to prevent any opening CC so I can get into holo and be ready to Corona for more stab.

The obvious change that needs to be made is to remove immobilize from the condi conversion table entirely, yes, especially for WvW as the prevalences of scourges and this terrible design has killed Mallyx revs.

There are 14 conditions to 12 boons. In my opinion, immobilize, taunt, and fear should be left off the conversion table. Just make resistance convert to chill again. Immobilize is way too strong.

@Nokzy Two.1734 said:

If I'm pre stabbing before a mid fight its to stop CC from another class other than Necros prior to strip. Other Holo, Thief/Message openers, Spellbreaker will all try to CC early in a fight so to say people won't use CC in early mid fights is silly. And no, I have close to permanent stab so your not going to just wait it out. The fight won't Last long enough for you to keep waiting it out, and if you do I have stun breaks. And any class with strip such as Mesmer like you said are going to strip it regardless, so like I said the pre stab from Toss is to prevent any opening CC so I can get into holo and be ready to Corona for more stab.

Thief opener steals your Stab, so pre-buffing is a bad idea against them.

Mesmer and Spellbreakers tend to strip boons naturally as part of their burst, so your Stab is...covering Swiftness, I guess? Spellbreaker needs to build up adrenaline first anyway.

Holos I will give you, although a holo vs holo fight is assumed to be without effective CC anyway.

The main point is, if you're going into a fight that you know has an enemy Necro, pre-buffing Stab is almost always a bad idea unless you've been hyper-attentive to what cooldowns he's used.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Thief opener steals your Stab, so pre-buffing is a bad idea against them.

Mesmer and Spellbreakers tend to strip boons naturally as part of their burst, so your Stab is...covering Swiftness, I guess? Spellbreaker needs to build up adrenaline first anyway.

Holos I will give you, although a holo vs holo fight is assumed to be without effective CC anyway.

The main point is, if you're going into a fight that you know has an enemy Necro, pre-buffing Stab is almost always a bad idea unless you've been hyper-attentive to what cooldowns he's used.

I get your point, but what I don't think your understanding is I'm going to have all of those same boons naturally 1 second into the fight anyway. So idc if it gets stripped because it was going to happen regardless, and if I can prevent a Photon Forge 5 that I may not have seen due to visual clutter from hitting me prior to getting stab stripped than that's a plus. But to my original point, Stab conversion to Fear is bad because for a class like Holo we are going to have Stab up majority of fights.

Archived