Taunt and range weapons

The version of taunt is way different on every class, unfortunately the Ranger has the pet that has constant taunt, and it's really annoying that we cannot target the Ranger because of it, I don't see minions with it for the Necro, or when the thief activates his elite the thieves guild, it doesn't have taunt, or when a Mesmer has their shatters going they don't have taunt, granted they have a skill that summons Phantasmal Defender that has it, but that is a skill wasted on something better, the Guardian doesn't have it on the spirit weapon when they spawn, it's only the Ranger, you guys need to remove this mechanic. PVP is called player vs player, not pet vs player, so you guys need to remove the taunt from the pet and only on the player. But I have noticed that you guys favor the Ranger and the Thief, buffing them and nerfing the other classes. Another topic are the ranged weapons,k while in a pvp match it seems the Necro while downed cannot use it's #1 skill on a Ranger because it can fire it's bow further than the range of the down skill, and again the favor of the Ranger is present. You state that you want to make PVP a fair balanced game well you need to make all the weapons the same range, for example, the deadshot can fire at a longer range than say the Mesmer can use it's Chaos storm, or a Ranger pew pewing some when there down way out range from those God Awful down skills, which need to be nerfed/improved, but that a different topic. So much for being a even playing field.

@levelmakerguru.7210 said:The version of taunt is way different on every class, unfortunately the Ranger has the pet that has constant taunt, and it's really annoying that we cannot target the Ranger because of it, I don't see minions with it for the Necro, or when the thief activates his elite the thieves guild, it doesn't have taunt, or when a Mesmer has their shatters going they don't have taunt, granted they have a skill that summons Phantasmal Defender that has it, but that is a skill wasted on something better, the Guardian doesn't have it on the spirit weapon when they spawn, it's only the Ranger, you guys need to remove this mechanic. PVP is called player vs player, not pet vs player, so you guys need to remove the taunt from the pet and only on the player. But I have noticed that you guys favor the Ranger and the Thief, buffing them and nerfing the other classes. Another topic are the ranged weapons,k while in a pvp match it seems the Necro while downed cannot use it's #1 skill on a Ranger because it can fire it's bow further than the range of the down skill, and again the favor of the Ranger is present. You state that you want to make PVP a fair balanced game well you need to make all the weapons the same range, for example, the deadshot can fire at a longer range than say the Mesmer can use it's Chaos storm, or a Ranger pew pewing some when there down way out range from those God Awful down skills, which need to be nerfed/improved, but that a different topic. So much for being a even playing field.

No

@"levelmakerguru.7210" said:the Ranger has the pet that has constant tauntFirstly, this is a GM Beastmastery trait and not always the first choice so it's only present for some players. Secondly, it's a 2 second effect with a 20 sec CD, hardly constant.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beastly_Wardenit's really annoying that we cannot target the Ranger because of it, I don't see minions with it for the Necro, or when the thief activates his elite the thieves guild, it doesn't have taunt, or when a Mesmer has their shatters going they don't have taunt, granted they have a skill that summons Phantasmal Defender that has it, but that is a skill wasted on something better, the Guardian doesn't have it on the spirit weapon when they spawn, it's only the Ranger, you guys need to remove this mechanic. PVP is called player vs player, not pet vs player, so you guys need to remove the taunt from the pet and only on the player.Pets are a core mechanic for any ranger, not comparable to minions, spirit weapons or thief summons.

But I have noticed that you guys favor the Ranger and the Thief, buffing them and nerfing the other classes.If this is the case then I wonder why people complain more about Necro or Mesmer than Thief and Ranger combined.Another topic are the ranged weapons,k while in a pvp match it seems the Necro while downed cannot use it's #1 skill on a Ranger because it can fire it's bow further than the range of the down skill, and again the favor of the Ranger is present.Do you think you should be able to throw some mud while lying down further than a longbow can shoot an arrow?

You state that you want to make PVP a fair balanced game well you need to make all the weapons the same range, for example, the deadshot can fire at a longer range than say the Mesmer can use it's Chaos storm, or a Ranger pew pewing some when there down way out range from those God Awful down skills, which need to be nerfed/improved, but that a different topic. So much for being a even playing field.Different range on different weapons makes sense - it helps differentiate and gives each weapon a more unique feel. Ranger class obviously will be thematically better with a LB - it's in the name.Using range to compare effectiveness is the same as using healthpool, it's just one of a huge plethora of factors, like skills and traits.

In short I feel you haven't fared well against Rangers, and perhaps Thieves, but then again you play necro and those two classes are often a natural counter.

Archived