Any plans to normalize projectile defense against ark's bouncing orbs?

Since release the attack ark does where he fires a bunch of orbs at everyone which bounce on the ground leaving puddles of pulsing death can be blocked by some forms of projectile defense, however for others it goes straight through. I know corrosive poison clound, guardian shield 5, swirling winds, and aftershock can reflect/destroy the projectiles. However protective solace (the ventari bubble) is completely ignored by this attack as the orbs will nuke anyone standing within it. I am also pretty sure feedback doesn't work and probably several other projectile defense skills. Can we please have these normalized in that either they all block it or none of them do? It is extremely unintuitive as it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

@Oogabooga.3812 said:Also, the special action Nova Launch skill gives you an aegis buff. So cast it while he's warming up his globe. Beach ball gets absorbed when you get hit by it.

This isnt safe tho. The safest is what Vinceman said, use it when you see the ball is disappearing over his head. Aegis doesnt really work because there is also a shockwave with the attack that hits you quicker than the balls, removing the aegis if you dont dodge or jump and both of these can make the balls miss you, making them spawn the AoEs.

@vaxjani.9073 said:

@Oogabooga.3812 said:Also, the special action Nova Launch skill gives you an aegis buff. So cast it while he's warming up his globe. Beach ball gets absorbed when you get hit by it.

This isnt safe tho. The safest is what Vinceman said, use it when you see the ball is disappearing over his head. Aegis doesnt really work because there is also a shockwave with the attack that hits you quicker than the balls, removing the aegis if you dont dodge or jump and both of these can make the balls miss you, making them spawn the AoEs.

It's scary, but try it first. I usually jump in the air when the ball disappears, but 2 days ago I tried trusting the aegis buff and it worked.

Archived