Is this build good in Raids/Fractals?

Divine.3279

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAW7Yjc0QnN2WDW3A/NWKGsoAwAoAQ9EmC1q4e4QMJC-jxRAQBd4iAcTlgRU9nes/QIV+FQdDA4JAEAIBY8spEP2Uw4ZTjnNNe2UXn4ZTjnNNe204ZTjnNVKAI2bB-e

Is this any good in Raids/Fractals? I recently returned from a long hiatus and after being a long time PvP'er, im moving away from it like a plague because of how unbalanced it is. Please keep in mind this is my first time ever doing a PvE build, I made this build to do as much bleeding condi damage as possible. Don't rip me too much if it's really bad :) appreciate the feedback. (P.S. I'm aware Scourge is the new meta because of how OP it is but I'd really like to refrain away from Scourge because I just find it unchallenging, so please don't mention for me to switch to Scourge, thanks!)

no, staff is horrible as mobs don't care if you load an area with marks, they aren't gonna avoid it. Weakness is useless in pve as defiance bars render it ineffective, and mobs that are affected by it die when you sneeze at their general direction. If you're aiming to get in a group there is a spot dedicated to 2-3 supporters (boon druid, boon chrono, and maybe a banner slave war) most of the time, and their job description is to load you and everyone in your team with boons 24/7, chilling victory is pointless unless your group doesn't have a dedicated boon bot or you are in open world solo. Plague signet is rendered moot as the buff to healing spring made druids even better at condi clearing, and even then the mobs that will put condis on you are rare at best(afflicted not withstanding).

Here's a link to an old condi reaper build from qt, gear and utils haven't changed, and other than having to do an extra bip, rotation should stay the same. Best of luck finding pugs thoughhttps://qtfy.eu/guildwars/necromancer/condi-reaper-quick-guide/

You should use decimate defenses (synergizes with barbed precision) lingering curses (parasitic contagion if you cant perfectly survive everything) because weakening shroud is bad for PvE due to its much lower dmg compared to LC and much lower survivability increase compared to PC, dhuumfire (thats THE shroud condi trait) and switch your staff for a greatsword and plague signet to bone fiend or epidemic in raids (along with changing the staff trait to either of the other minors there) for much more dmg. You don't need all the lifeforce since someone else takes the damage anyway, and if you do greatsword 3 is there. Krait runes are overkill for your bleed duration considering you have 33% from curses, 20% from weapons, base 678 expertise for another 45% or so. I recommend switching the runes for runes of the renegade for more damage which is indirectly more survivability via parasitic contagion.

Really, you have way too much bleed duration and unnecessary lifeforce generation that you can instead skip for higher damage, which is what people demand the most in raids and fractals from what i've seen.Also, i understand i'm basically telling you to use the one meta highest dps reaper build, but tbh it's what works best in PvE unlike in PvP where you can really make your own build work out better than the meta.

I only use staff in PvE for

1. Events where mob chains are lined up so piercing damages several on each auto attack and, therefore, helps with tagging.
  2. Emergency condition transfer, which is especially useful in some builds.
  3. Fear as an interrupt when shroud is on CD.
  4. LF gen in a crowd.

Axe has surpassed staff as a power alternative weapon but is limited in groups due to the vulnerability cap.

Staff dps is horrid. Do not camp it. Staff is one of those weapons where you want to fire every skill off and swap and swap as soon as possible.

The server is down on my end so I can't see the build, but having run my reaper in fractals, I can tell you that with rare exception, a power build is better than a condi build. Even on the large bosses, a comp with multiple good power builds can hit phases so fast that all of your condis won't be able to tick. I don't have the build editor, so I'll have to just post up the power build that I myself use. Have sound judgement, and know that you can change your build around on the fly depending on what is needed.

Gear Prefix: Full BerserkerRunes: x6 Superior Rune of the ScholarSigils: Superior Sigil of Force, Superior Sigil of Air

Specializations:Spite: Bitter Chill, Awaken the Pain, Close to DeathBlood Magic: Ritual of Life, Vampiric Presence, Vampiric RitualsReaper: Chilling Nova, *Decimate Defenses, Reaper's Onslaught

Weapons: Greatsword, Axe + WarhornUtilities: Well of Blood, Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption, Signet of Spite, Summon Flesh Golem

I put a lot of * in there, because there are a lot of contextual choices here. Since I pug a lot, there's a lot of trait choices I make which are based around having sub-optimal comps. In a more optimal group, you'd want to pick different ones.

Bitter Chill: Sometimes you'll get groups that are really good at stacking vulnerability. In one of those, you'll want to go with Spiteful Talisman for greater damage.Chilling Nova: If you're using Shouts, Augury of Death is better.Decimate Defenses: If you have a banner warrior and druid with spotter, you'll end up with capped crit chance without this trait, so take Soul Eater in those groups.Signet of Spite: This is a filler slot. There's usually some utility you can put over this one.Summon Flesh Golem: This is another one. Lich form and Chilled To the Bone also have their places.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The server is down on my end so I can't see the build, but having run my reaper in fractals, I can tell you that with rare exception, a power build is better than a condi build. Even on the large bosses, a comp with multiple good power builds can hit phases so fast that all of your condis won't be able to tick. I don't have the build editor, so I'll have to just post up the power build that I myself use. Have sound judgement, and know that you can change your build around on the fly depending on what is needed.

Gear Prefix: Full BerserkerRunes: x6 Superior Rune of the ScholarSigils: Superior Sigil of Force, Superior Sigil of Air

Specializations:Spite: Bitter Chill, Awaken the Pain, Close to DeathBlood Magic: Ritual of Life, Vampiric Presence, Vampiric RitualsReaper: Chilling Nova, *Decimate Defenses, Reaper's Onslaught

Weapons: Greatsword, Axe + WarhornUtilities: Well of Blood, Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption, Signet of Spite, Summon Flesh Golem

I put a lot of * in there, because there are a lot of contextual choices here. Since I pug a lot, there's a lot of trait choices I make which are based around having sub-optimal comps. In a more optimal group, you'd want to pick different ones.

Bitter Chill: Sometimes you'll get groups that are really good at stacking vulnerability. In one of those, you'll want to go with Spiteful Talisman for greater damage.Chilling Nova: If you're using Shouts, Augury of Death is better.Decimate Defenses: If you have a banner warrior and druid with spotter, you'll end up with capped crit chance without this trait, so take Soul Eater in those groups.Signet of Spite: This is a filler slot. There's usually some utility you can put over this one.Summon Flesh Golem: This is another one. Lich form and Chilled To the Bone also have their places.

It's not down, his link is just acting wierd. I had to copy paste it to the addressbar to get it to work

Archived