Muckstalker (PoF - The Desolation - Bonestrand Waypoint - Champion Bounty)

Muckstalker heals whenever it drops below 80% by becoming invulnerable and creating a defiance (break) bar that upon breaking interrupts the heal and gives it stunned and reduced armor [-/-] debuff. The heal pulses and steadily heals it until it gets to I think 85% at which points it resumes its normal behavior.

The problem (bug): The ability has no internal cooldown. If you break the defiance bar it (very likely above 80%, as it is invulnerable and pulses self-healing) and then reduce it to 80% again it will go into the same mode again and again and again unless you can get it down to the lower boundary of this ability's trigger range (maybe 75%? we didn't get there).

Simply put: It can't be reduced under 80% hp using regular means. And by that I mean the usual P.U.G. You can come with a coordinated and well-equipped small group to reduce scaling. Which is the only way I can think of to beat this, really.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The problem with most PUGs I have seen doing Muckstalker is that many people don't get the phase-shifted mechanic, hence don't hit and thus don't apply any CC most of the time (and CC is of the essence when attempting to kill Muckstalker).

That's quite possible, but our Muckstalker had lasers and no phase shift, we did CC it but then couldn't punch through the repeating healing. I still don't think it was intended to just have it go to the phase without limit. It's similar to that Jakaranda bounty that used to heal up with CC bar recharging, so you couldn't do anything about it. (maybe it still does)

@inubasiri.8745 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The problem with most PUGs I have seen doing Muckstalker is that many people don't get the
mechanic, hence don't hit and thus don't apply any CC most of the time (and CC is of the essence when attempting to kill Muckstalker).

That's quite possible, but our Muckstalker had lasers and no phase shift

It has both, lasers and phase-shift.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:The problem with most PUGs I have seen doing Muckstalker is that many people don't get the
mechanic, hence don't hit and thus don't apply any CC most of the time (and CC is of the essence when attempting to kill Muckstalker).

It has both, lasers
and
phase-shift.

Like any bounty boss, it receives a few random abilities from a set. It will not be the same every time.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:The problem with most PUGs I have seen doing Muckstalker is that many people don't get the

It has both, lasers
and
phase-shift.

Not necessarily: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounty#Unstable_Magic_Abilities

Archived