Customer Support Status: Updated 6 September 2018

@BossJ.1507 said:Looking for a reset of SMS also.. My phone # is no longer in use... Haven't played in 2 years. Would love to test out new DLC and stuff! Please help :D Ticket #: 7196140

You'll have to wait for a response, unfortunately. It might take a bit longer than usual, what with the holidays.This thread is about delays in support response due to a backlog that was addressed last year.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@BossJ.1507 said:Looking for a reset of SMS also.. My phone # is no longer in use... Haven't played in 2 years. Would love to test out new DLC and stuff! Please help :D Ticket #: 7196140

You'll have to wait for a response, unfortunately. It might take a bit longer than usual, what with the holidays.This thread is about delays in support response due to a backlog that was addressed last year.

Ooof - really? It's been like 4 days already - no response.

@BossJ.1507 said:

Ooof - really? It's been like 4 days already - no response.

Depending on the issue 3 days isn't that surprising. Given that we're coming out of the holiday season, I'd expect some backlog. Regardless, this thread is about an issue that took place over 2018. Whatever might be happening now is different.

VENTING: So.... I bought an alt account and accidentally entered the WRONG email address when I created the account. I didn't realize it until it was too late. This means that I cannot verify the email I used, since it does not exist, and I never got notification that my ticket was received or is being worked on. I updated my ticket with more info twice, asked to please be emailed at my second email address, or at the email address I SHOULD have used to sign up but didn't, and still, I got nothing. So, now, am I out the price I paid for PoF and HoT all at once? I know there are many tickets in and just needed to vent my frustration, first at myself for not seeing my error, and then at the whole situation. It seems it would be a simple fix; just correct my email to the one I provided and let me log in to my new account. Really hoping to see some resolution soon; I'm dying to create new toons and get busy playing both accounts. :(

@AZBellaD.1856 said:VENTING: So.... I bought an alt account and accidentally entered the WRONG email address when I created the account. I didn't realize it until it was too late. This means that I cannot verify the email I used, since it does not exist, and I never got notification that my ticket was received or is being worked on. I updated my ticket with more info twice, asked to please be emailed at my second email address, or at the email address I SHOULD have used to sign up but didn't, and still, I got nothing. So, now, am I out the price I paid for PoF and HoT all at once? I know there are many tickets in and just needed to vent my frustration, first at myself for not seeing my error, and then at the whole situation. It seems it would be a simple fix; just correct my email to the one I provided and let me log in to my new account. Really hoping to see some resolution soon; I'm dying to create new toons and get busy playing both accounts. :(

My ticket # is 7197124. Thanks!

@"AZBellaD.1856" said:VENTING: So.... I bought an alt account and accidentally entered the WRONG email address when I created the account. I didn't realize it until it was too late. This means that I cannot verify the email I used, since it does not exist, and I never got notification that my ticket was received or is being worked on. I updated my ticket with more info twice, asked to please be emailed at my second email address, or at the email address I SHOULD have used to sign up but didn't, and still, I got nothing. So, now, am I out the price I paid for PoF and HoT all at once? I know there are many tickets in and just needed to vent my frustration, first at myself for not seeing my error, and then at the whole situation. It seems it would be a simple fix; just correct my email to the one I provided and let me log in to my new account. Really hoping to see some resolution soon; I'm dying to create new toons and get busy playing both accounts. :(

You're still going to have to wait for support to get back to you. Make sure you have one (and only one) ticket out there, using an email address to which you have access, so you can get official responses from ANet.

FYI it's not a "simple" fix, because ANet has to verify that the person who spent the money on "PoF and HoT all at once" is the same person requesting the change. You wouldn't want them to just change the address for anyone who might happen to ask, right?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"AZBellaD.1856" said:VENTING: So.... I bought an alt account and accidentally entered the WRONG email address when I created the account. I didn't realize it until it was too late. This means that I cannot verify the email I used, since it does not exist, and I never got notification that my ticket was received or is being worked on. I updated my ticket with more info twice, asked to please be emailed at my second email address, or at the email address I SHOULD have used to sign up but didn't, and still, I got nothing. So, now, am I out the price I paid for PoF and HoT all at once? I know there are many tickets in and just needed to vent my frustration, first at myself for not seeing my error, and then at the whole situation. It seems it would be a simple fix; just correct my email to the one I provided and let me log in to my new account. Really hoping to see some resolution soon; I'm dying to create new toons and get busy playing both accounts. :(

You're still going to have to wait for support to get back to you. Make sure you have one (and only one) ticket out there, using an email address to which you have access, so you can get official responses from ANet.

FYI it's not a "simple" fix, because ANet has to verify that the person who spent the money on "PoF and HoT all at once" is the same person requesting the change. You wouldn't want them to just change the address for
anyone
who might happen to ask, right?

I understand that I need to wait for support to respond, but I literally typed in "outook.com" instead of "outlook.com", so the change is to correct the email from one that doesn't even exist to an actual legitimate one. My fingers were faster than my eyes when typing and I hit submit before I realized I typed it wrong. Woe is me! lol I feel confident they will be able to correct my error; I'm just super anxious to play my new account. Sigh.

• ArenaNet Staff

At the present time, CS is working at a normal pace, and there are few delays in responding. Most tickets get an answer within 24 hours, although special cases may require more time. (Guild Wars tickets, for instance, will not be handled as quickly at those for Guild Wars 2.)

This thread was intended to let you know about the overall status of Customer Support inquiries and tickets. It was not designed as a place to follow up on a ticket or request special attention to a submitted ticket. If you want to follow up, please do not make a new thread in the forums -- we cannot assist here -- and do not make a new ticket. Instead, simply update the e-mail chain connected with your most recent ticket and let the team know you still need assistance. Please allow 72 hours before you do that.

I will close the thread and open a new one, should the need arise.

Archived