Why is there so much keyboard lag?

Vieux P.1238

Happens to me every week atleast once. Ill be gaming for an hour just fine then i get 1 to 2 second input lag out of no where. 50% of the time rebooting the client fixes it and if that doesn't work i reboot my computer and problem is always solved.

Supper annoying tho when im in a game n this happens.

I had a theory that if i blew a bong load at the comp fan it would become immune to slow (and chill). I no longer support this theory.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:I got a very fast internet & one hell of a gaming rig..so why are we suffering from keyboard lag so much? This is becoming very frustrating to the point of quiting the game.

Are you using a wireless keyboard? Wireless keyboards and mice tend to have a noticeable input lag.

No, as a gaming Rig i don't use wireless keyboard nore mouse. In fact i'm using G13 & 600 mmo mouse & keypad to game. I' don't get this problem on most games. There was a time tho when Gw2 launched & for the next 2 years that followed. you would lose the cursor do to lag. & yet the game on your screen was still going on. Just absent of the cursor. I see this less today but keyboard delay is really ramped. something that takes 1 sec to cast will take 2.5 or even 3 seconds. This is unplayable & very frustrating.

Make sure you update the Logitech Gaming Software to at least 8.98.234. Also, try disabling Arx Control, especially if your computer has no Bluetooth or uses a USB Bluetooth dongle. For your mouse, ensure your polling rate is 1000 - if 600 (I use 900) is a wireless model ensure the charge is never less than 50% or plugged in when gaming. Also ensure your mouse has updated its firmware (gear button in the Gaming Software.) One last thing to try is DISABLE the integration between the Logitech Gaming Software and Discord or other applications that can control the lighting or other features of Logitech devices (overhead issues.)

I'm sure you know, but Logitech G-series keys utilize emulated key presses. Every key assignment has the option for a built-in delay - the default value is 25 milliseconds. If this delay is too laggy for you, make sure they're all set to 0 - but that can cause issues itself.

No G-Key is a native keypress, but emulated. This means the (driver and) software has to receive the key press signal, interpret, handle it, and send that on to the OS or other software. Most "lag" issues with Logitech products can be solved with the steps in the first paragraph. Since Guild Wars 2 supports and integrates with both Logitech and Discord, that very well could be the source of most lag; though Arx is notorious for causing a lot of lag and should always be disabled unless used.

You're all just overthinking this. This has nothing to do with ping, wireless, packet loss or anything else.

I'm guessing OP played WoW and a bunch of other MMORPGs quite intensively.It's simply the lack of a global cooldown, it was compensated for by everything having small caster timers and abilities doing damage after the animation, instead of before it. This causes the entire game to feel incredibly sluggish and unresponsive.

Anyone who's played WoW knows that this game feels dreadful in terms of responsiveness. Say you play a Warrior or whatever in WoW, you push Mortal Strike and it instantly happens. No animation to wait for, no cast timer to wait for. You press it and it does damage. It feels great.

Although they managed to make WoW feel a lot more sluggish after Cataclysm because of the system they implemented to counter GCD hacks. Hence why WoW on Vanilla/BC/WotLK private servers feels a hundred times more responsive than retail right now provided your ping isn't garbage.

But I guess in this game a lot of people just don't notice it because they either got used to it or didn't really ever pay attention to it enough. If you're a high rated arena player or raider in WoW you'll definitely know what I'm talking about.

@Lunia.2736 said:You're all just overthinking this. This has nothing to do with ping, wireless, packet loss or anything else.

I'm guessing OP played WoW and a bunch of other MMORPGs quite intensively.It's simply the lack of a global cooldown, it was compensated for by everything having small caster timers and abilities doing damage after the animation, instead of before it. This causes the entire game to feel incredibly sluggish and unresponsive.

Anyone who's played WoW knows that this game feels dreadful in terms of responsiveness. Say you play a Warrior or whatever in WoW, you push Mortal Strike and it instantly happens. No animation to wait for, no cast timer to wait for. You press it and it does damage. It feels great.

Although they managed to make WoW feel a lot more sluggish after Cataclysm because of the system they implemented to counter GCD hacks. Hence why WoW on Vanilla/BC/WotLK private servers feels a hundred times more responsive than retail right now provided your ping isn't garbage.

But I guess in this game a lot of people just don't notice it because they either got used to it or didn't really ever pay attention to it enough. If you're a high rated arena player or raider in WoW you'll definitely know what I'm talking about.

I know exactly what your saying but no. I know the difference & it's keyboard lag. & i'm not talking about what's going on your screen type of lag. I'm really talking about Keyboard lag. When it happens, either your key your hitting responds way over it's casting time by 2 to even 3 seconds or it does not even responds even after mashing it several times. & it's obvious this is an issue since more then me is suffering from it. There are several games with coding that needs to be work on. But Gw2 is really bad compared to them. & it needs to be look at.

Archived