Kicked out of story too early?

I was on the Story mission where your sneaking around with Blish's cloaking arm killing awakened, the objective stated was "Kill all the awakened in the area" I was less than half finished with this when suddenly I hit a loading screen, and I get dumped into the Domain of Kourna proper. Clearly a regular zone with lots of other players and definitely not an instance. Hearts, vendors, the whole deal. Has this happened to anyone else?

I guess I just have to restart the story from the beginning but if there's a way to pick up where I left off that would be great.

Just happened to me too. I was on the step where you destroy the Awakened fortifications around Gandara and trying to teleport myself out of danger I apparently also teleported out of the instance area and got kicked.

Somehow it also jumped my story ahead to the next step so I missed all the rest of the instance and so far I've not found a way to get back into it. I don't want to carry on the story without doing the rest of the instance, but it looks like I don't have a choice.

Ok, I have no idea how this happened, but apparently waiting several days to continue paid off.

As noted above when I was kicked out of the Forearmed is Forewarned I was in Kourna and my story had moved on to the next phase, as if I'd fully completed the stealth/vine wall step. I tried to reset it by switching to a different story and first entering a story instance (Party Politics) which I didn't complete and then by completing one (Rallying Call). Neither of those worked, both times when I switched back to Long Live the Lich I was on the next step and the green star was in Kourna.

I left that as my active story and used the character for home instance/guild hall gathering and dailies, but mainly played on other characters for a while (including completing a few story steps, mainly in the Personal Story). Today I switched back to the character I was doing Season 4 on to carry on the story - resigned to missing a step.

But somehow it had reset. The green star was sending me to the Tomb of Primeval Kings and when I entered the portal to continue my story I was back in the stealth mission, with the instruction 'Listen to Taimi' who informed me that Canach had first arrived.

I have absolutely no idea if it was something Anet changed or some combination of the things I did since my last post, but whatever the reason I'm back where I was supposed to be. I don't understand how that happened and if it wasn't the result of me stopping and restarting the story it probably needs checking out because for most people losing story progress, even progress you got by mistake, is not a good thing, but whatever the reason I'm happy.

Archived