What is the exact profit for selling on trading company compared to vendor

So I have been playing gw2 for a little over 3 weeks now and I just realized that blues and greens that can be sold to a vendor for 50c-1.5s can be sold for 1+s on the trading company. Now as I just found that out I was looking to do some calculations to find exactly how much more you get for trading company vs. the standard vendor. There is a % price to list the item and a % price to sell the item (I always insta sell and if I can't then I just sell via vendor.) Has anyone figured out the exact percentages of 1. How much more is made compared to selling to vendor? 2. What is the % used to list the item? 3. What is the % used to sell the item? If I'm missing anything feel free to add anything needed.

Good day fellow GW2 player. I am here to help you with your question. Im going to post a link under this comment that gives you the basics of how the trading post works. As for the proffit difference there isnt a specific percentage since a listing can be anythin from 1 copper profit to thousands of gold difference. Its rather a case of supply and demmand. Read the link at the bottom and we will try our best to awnser any questions you have after that. https://scoutwarband.com/trading-post-basics

For a long time now I've automatically salvaged all green/lower items, and almost all yellow, on the assumption it's not worth sifting through for the odd one that might pay off to sell as-is either on the tp or to vendor. But recently I've noticed what you mention - that sometimes I can just vendor the stuff off and likely wind up better off. Prices on the tp have dropped so low across the board that this is a viable approach. Of course, salvaging saves bag space, so there's that. But I wouldn't doubt that I might be a few gold richer if I took the time to compare and vendor some of the things I've been tearing down to mats.

Archived