Returning players thoughts and impressions

First off, I'm really excited to see this game is more alive than before! A few years ago this game was not doing to well but the changes made have provided Anet with more income and better game play / content for us.The good.1) Trinity class system. At launch and for many years following it seemed like everyone was confused as to what to do. There were no dedicated healers so everyone was just playing guardians. I am happy to see there's more defined roles now in the game and the community is aware of it for team compositions.

2) Great content releases and updates. I think this speaks for itself but the Living Story updates are great with real world changes.

3) Great customizations. The gameplay and dungeons are awesome but this is how they make their money and why people keep returning. People like character customizations and their Fashion Wars lol.

4) Reward track systems. The compensation for doing PVP / WVW with reward track systems is great. I love how you can pick the materials / items you wish to earn as well.

5) LFG system. I remember when the LFG system was first put into the game it didn't have the ability to specifically list your group like it does now. Finding people to party up with to do what you want is essential.

Needs improvement.1) Inventory Wars. There's never enough inventory space for the few items, consumables, armor sets and crafting materials. Is it possible to just move to an armor / weapon template system so we can freely equip and mod items with runes / sigils? This lack of customization and inventory space really hinders a players experience. It creates stress for a player and is time consuming to deal with. I was disappointed that this issue wasn't addressed and is handled by people buying more bags or inventory space. That's a band-aid for something that's a massive issue, particularly when more content is constantly released.

2) Currency Wars The way to balance the economy in the game is not to make another currency or to have an item become a currency. I've never seen a game with this many convoluted currencies. I don't know why you can't evaluate where there's an issue in the game with a particular material and tweak it's drop rate, and then if that material is used to craft it'll eventually balance out.

3) Skill templates. I'm not sure why this isn't in the game yet but it should be a priority. I know people are using programs like ArcDPS to help with this since it has a template tool. But this should have been implemented years ago.

4) Conditions. Conditions seem to be a huge issue in PVP / WVW. Just go into a WVW and watch as condition necros run around spamming and you're instantly dead. No amount of condition removal will help you at all. Conditions should be more of DoT and not be so powerful, and why have the ability to spam so many conditions at once when most classes are limited on their removal of conditions. I feel like this definitely needs to be re-evaluated, and it's been an issue for a very long time.

5) Integrated voice chat system. I honestly laughed when I saw people still using Teamspeak for WVW voice chat. I haven't used it in years and it presents issues with server spies in WVW from them joining your TS server. It seems like integrated voice chat is a must in games today so I'm not sure why we can't have one in party or squad chat. Obviously with the ability to turn the system on and off, as well as mute people. Personally, I would like the squad voice option to be commander only or squad, with the ability to mute individuals. If I join a squad voice system the commander is really the only person I would like to hear as a PUG. If it's a guild squad then the squad voice option would be great to chat with other players.

These are just my thoughts and impressions. I'm really happy with the game and excited for it's revival!

@LordMadman.5812 said:

5) Integrated voice chat system. I honestly laughed when I saw people still using Teamspeak for WVW voice chat. I haven't used it in years and it presents issues with server spies in WVW from them joining your TS server. It seems like integrated voice chat is a must in games today so I'm not sure why we can't have one in party or squad chat. Obviously with the ability to turn the system on and off, as well as mute people. Personally, I would like the squad voice option to be commander only or squad, with the ability to mute individuals. If I join a squad voice system the commander is really the only person I would like to hear as a PUG. If it's a guild squad then the squad voice option would be great to chat with other players.

I don't think that that is needed at all. Most WvW servers check your API to make sure that you're not spying. Everything you want is already possible in TS3 and implementing it into the game would be a waste of resources, at least in my opinion.

@LordMadman.5812 said:4) Conditions. Conditions seem to be a huge issue in PVP / WVW. Just go into a WVW and watch as condition necros run around spamming and you're instantly dead. No amount of condition removal will help you at all. Conditions should be more of DoT and not be so powerful, and why have the ability to spam so many conditions at once when most classes are limited on their removal of conditions. I feel like this definitely needs to be re-evaluated, and it's been an issue for a very long time.

Your condition removal skill are not meant to counter 5 Scourges and the fields you ran into. That's what positioning and movement is for. Tell me how long you get to live versus 5 elementalists blasting the same are with their power area spells. Same result really.

This is a clear positioning issue which good zerg commanders will work with and a good push can overcome.

@Algreg.3629 said:take by another returner: even pseudo trinity sucks, I wish they had found a new approach to make combat more interesting.

I've talked to other game devs for other companies and the way the game was going with raids and so much burst damage they needed to have a way to counter it with burst healing. The 'stack wars' that the game had at the start of the game was terrible and mindless gameplay.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

4) Conditions.
Conditions seem to be a huge issue in PVP / WVW. Just go into a WVW and watch as condition necros run around spamming and you're instantly dead. No amount of condition removal will help you at all. Conditions should be more of DoT and not be so powerful, and why have the ability to spam so many conditions at once when most classes are limited on their removal of conditions. I feel like this definitely needs to be re-evaluated, and it's been an issue for a very long time.

Your condition removal skill are not meant to counter 5 Scourges and the fields you ran into. That's what positioning and movement is for. Tell me how long you get to live versus 5 elementalists blasting the same are with their power area spells. Same result really.

This is a clear positioning issue which good zerg commanders will work with and a good push can overcome.

You can't even get near a necro zerg and it dominates the current zerg composition because it's too OP. It's massive AOE damage that can't be countered at all. Try to even 1v1 a condi necro. It's extremely frustrating because most heroes lack the ability to cleanse the DoTs that fast and even if you can it doesn't matter they'll just spam more on. Conditions NEED to be tuned down to a DoT and not be so powerful.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

5) Integrated voice chat system.
I honestly laughed when I saw people still using Teamspeak for WVW voice chat. I haven't used it in years and it presents issues with server spies in WVW from them joining your TS server. It seems like integrated voice chat is a must in games today so I'm not sure why we can't have one in party or squad chat. Obviously with the ability to turn the system on and off, as well as mute people. Personally, I would like the squad voice option to be commander only or squad, with the ability to mute individuals. If I join a squad voice system the commander is really the only person I would like to hear as a PUG. If it's a guild squad then the squad voice option would be great to chat with other players.

I don't think that that is needed at all. Most WvW servers check your API to make sure that you're not spying. Everything you want is already possible in TS3 and implementing it into the game would be a waste of resources, at least in my opinion.

Commanders don't always check that, if you want to have a WVW system integrated voice SHOULD be part of it to enhance the WVW experience and provide a secure way to communicate with others.

@LordMadman.5812 said:

@Algreg.3629 said:take by another returner: even pseudo trinity sucks, I wish they had found a new approach to make combat more interesting.

I've talked to other game devs for other companies and the way the game was going with raids and so much burst damage they needed to have a way to counter it with burst healing. The 'stack wars' that the game had at the start of the game was terrible and mindless gameplay.

4) Conditions.
Conditions seem to be a huge issue in PVP / WVW. Just go into a WVW and watch as condition necros run around spamming and you're instantly dead. No amount of condition removal will help you at all. Conditions should be more of DoT and not be so powerful, and why have the ability to spam so many conditions at once when most classes are limited on their removal of conditions. I feel like this definitely needs to be re-evaluated, and it's been an issue for a very long time.

You can't even get near a necro zerg and it dominates the current zerg composition because it's too OP. It's massive AOE damage that can't be countered at all. Try to even 1v1 a condi necro. It's extremely frustrating because most heroes lack the ability to cleanse the DoTs that fast and even if you can it doesn't matter they'll just spam more on. Conditions NEED to be tuned down to a DoT and not be so powerful.

As I said, learn to play issue. Stop running off being the Hero, stick with the commander, push when ordered to, stay out of the dead Zone.

Resistance is a thing, by the way, there is nothing comparable for Power damage.

1v1 a condi necro is just as hard as many other zerg build, not at all if you have a roaming build.

@LordMadman.5812 said:

5) Integrated voice chat system.
I honestly laughed when I saw people still using Teamspeak for WVW voice chat. I haven't used it in years and it presents issues with server spies in WVW from them joining your TS server. It seems like integrated voice chat is a must in games today so I'm not sure why we can't have one in party or squad chat. Obviously with the ability to turn the system on and off, as well as mute people. Personally, I would like the squad voice option to be commander only or squad, with the ability to mute individuals. If I join a squad voice system the commander is really the only person I would like to hear as a PUG. If it's a guild squad then the squad voice option would be great to chat with other players.

Commanders don't always check that, if you want to have a WVW system integrated voice SHOULD be part of it to enhance the WVW experience and provide a secure way to communicate with others.

It's the TS3 server (more specifically, the website thereof) that checks your API, not the commander.I just don't really see the issue.

Archived