Firebrand vs DH

Arafel.6895

Heyo,I am curious - why are there so many DH in T4 fractals? I ve met only one firebrand... and me. Everyone plays DH. Its seems to me strange - I am very often the best dps in the group as FB and I do usually have bigger dps (not so drasticaly bigger) than DH when we are in the same group. So why everyone plays DH rather than FB? What is so beneficial?

Thanks! .)

Because everyone knows that higher burst = faster fractal clears. But not everyone sees that if you dont phase bosses within 10 seconds (which a lot of pugs cant do) there's no point of playing burst focused builds. People also dont know that fb also has good burst due to nature of burn condition. They may also prefer dh over fb.

Pugs are generally very slow in adapting to meta and adapting to group dps/performance. A lot of them also dont care about performance and play just for fun.

@"steki.1478" said:Because everyone knows that higher burst = faster fractal clears. But not everyone sees that if you dont phase bosses within 10 seconds (which a lot of pugs cant do) there's no point of playing burst focused builds. People also dont know that fb also has good burst due to nature of burn condition. They may also prefer dh over fb.

Pugs are generally very slow in adapting to meta and adapting to group dps/performance. A lot of them also dont care about performance and play just for fun.

if I wanted to go for raids/99CM/100CM, I would have to change for DH? FB is not "welcomed" ?

@Arafel.6895 said:

@"steki.1478" said:Because everyone knows that higher burst = faster fractal clears. But not everyone sees that if you dont phase bosses within 10 seconds (which a lot of pugs cant do) there's no point of playing burst focused builds. People also dont know that fb also has good burst due to nature of burn condition. They may also prefer dh over fb.

if I wanted to go for raids/99CM/100CM, I would have to change for DH? FB is not "welcomed" ?

That depends on group. Not a long time ago, my old fractal group asked me to join their clear and condi mirage outdamaged both holo and weaver, despite them having strong burst.

@"Arafel.6895" said:Heyo,I am curious - why are there so many DH in T4 fractals? I ve met only one firebrand... and me. Everyone plays DH. Its seems to me strange - I am very often the best dps in the group as FB and I do usually have bigger dps (not so drasticaly bigger) than DH when we are in the same group. So why everyone plays DH rather than FB? What is so beneficial?

Thanks! .)

Fractals in general are quicker than Raids, and have a lot of "mandatory" trash groups. This means that a power build (DH) is usually a better choice than condi builds (FB).That being said, last time i tested it, core guardian was actually the best performing in Fractals, since it was/is the best power DPS class at the moment.

Archived