ANET fix PMs already

Nothing.8564

Its been 5 years, and people are still PMing me while they're showing as offline looking for a response.

Additionally, this is the only game where the majority of players kitten talk in PM only once they block you first.

How hard would it be to just prevent players from PMing you if they have you blocked or if they're showing offline?

@Nothing.8564 said:Its been 5 years, and people are still PMing me while they're showing as offline looking for a response.That's how the feature was intended to work. I understand why you don't like it to work that way, but that doesn't mean it's a bug.

Additionally, this is the only game where the majority of players kitten talk in PM only once they block you first.I've only once had someone whisper me to trash talk while invisible. So I wonder if you have a source to say it's a majority.

How hard would it be to just prevent players from PMing you if they have you blocked or if they're showing offline?It's probably not that hard, but since you can simply /block them, it might not be something that should take priority over other issues.

In other words, I'm not against this change. I just don't agree that it's urgent or all that important.

Archived