[SUGGESTION] Increase daily cap for historical achievements

SkullProX.7083

I know there were many topics about daily cap, but didn't see this exact suggestion yet.My suggestion is that the daily AP cap should be increased over 15,000 depending on how much historical achi you can't get anymore.Let's say someone who missed the whole ls1, then the daily cap would increase to 15,000+ ls1 achievement points, while someon who did every achievement would still have 15,000 as cap.They made the cap so we can catch up after all so... would make sense.

Yeah, but what about people who bought the game let's say now, when Path of Fire went online. They missed full five years of content. Not just LS1, but Wintersdays, Halloweens... So they should just get achievement points for something they never done and can never do? And don't forget that monthly achievements existed at some point in the past. They should get those AP too? It's an MMORPG, a game that changes constantly and if you haven't been here from the start you missed some things and that's just natural. Hell, even if you don't play for a couple months you miss on things. But, ok you want increased cap for new players (or players who can't do some historc acievements) - fine, but veterans or players who had done those achievements should also get increased cap. And I never understood the fuss about AP, they're just so you can get armor skins, if you have 1000 AP or even 5000 more than someone doesn't mean he/she's worse player than you or something. Maybe he/she's just playing PvP and doesn't have any interest in PvE. People have been asking for free AP many times, and as everything in this game AP are fairly easy to get (some require some time invested), so be patient and you'll get your AP.

@chibi.2537 said:Yeah, but what about people who bought the game let's say now, when Path of Fire went online. They missed full five years of content. Not just LS1, but Wintersdays, Halloweens... So they should just get achievement points for something they never done and can never do? And don't forget that monthly achievements existed at some point in the past. They should get those AP too? It's an MMORPG, a game that changes constantly and if you haven't been here from the start you missed some things and that's just natural. kitten, even if you don't play for a couple months you miss on things. But, ok you want increased cap for new players (or players who can't do some historc acievements) - fine, but veterans or players who had done those achievements should also get increased cap. And I never understood the fuss about AP, they're just so you can get armor skins, if you have 1000 AP or even 5000 more than someone doesn't mean he/she's worse player than you or something. Maybe he/she's just playing PvP and doesn't have any interest in PvE. People have been asking for free AP many times, and as everything in this game AP are fairly easy to get (some require some time invested), so be patient and you'll get your AP.

Well then for those players the cap should increase by the amount of Ap they missed. Veteran players will still have an advantage over newer players, they had more time to focus on other achievements.

Yes, sure they have an advantage. But even some players who played from the beggining maybe had some pauses and missed on let's say Halloween 2015. And they didn't get AP for that. So, it's fair for new players to get AP for that but not veteran players who missed it? Honestly, I never understood the fuss about AP. To me they only serve the purpose of getting Radiant armor and are by no means a measure of someones worth/skill as a player. When I was actively playing dungeons I sometimes got into groups that were "5000+AP speed run" and sometimes those people played like they played that dungeon maybe two times max. So yeah, I don't see the big deal about AP. But if you want for new players to be compensated for AP they can't get then I think veteran players should also get some AP as well. But then again it would just be another thing you're getting for free in this game.

@chibi.2537 said:Yes, sure they have an advantage. But even some players who played from the beggining maybe had some pauses and missed on let's say Halloween 2015. And they didn't get AP for that. So, it's fair for new players to get AP for that but not veteran players who missed it? Honestly, I never understood the fuss about AP. To me they only serve the purpose of getting Radiant armor and are by no means a measure of someones worth/skill as a player. When I was actively playing dungeons I sometimes got into groups that were "5000+AP speed run" and sometimes those people played like they played that dungeon maybe two times max. So yeah, I don't see the big deal about AP. But if you want for new players to be compensated for AP they can't get then I think veteran players should also get some AP as well. But then again it would just be another thing you're getting for free in this game.

I never said veteran player shouldn't get the AP they missed. Every account would get the AP they missed which went historical added to their daily cap. And if you don't care about AP and don't get the fuss about why are you here arguing about it? Some people care.

I absolutly disagree with this suggestion. Dailies are much less effort than a lot of the historical achievements and it would ruin the leaderboards because most of the top 100 would be tied. (I am missing some historical AP myself)

Anet should add more new achievements. PoF was a joke achievement wise. Even less new AP than HoT provided.

Although this suggestion is much much better than some other suggestions we've seen in the past, I have one concern about giving LS1 achievements through dailies. You see there is still a possibility, at least in the future, for LS1 to come back, doing something like this would completely kill the return of LS1 forever. So, unless LS1 is to be scrapped forever, something like this shouldn't happen.

That said, in the historical achievements category, we can see the Retired Achievements, achievements that will never come back. Outside the PVP achievements (which offer prestige PVP titles as well) the others could be added to the game again through the daily system. For those wondering, that's 220 AP, bringing the total of daily AP for new players, and those who missed those, to 15220. These include the old miniature collections that could be achieved by a group of players (or a guild) buying all miniatures then passing them along their members to unlock the achievements, then selling them. With the old system minis weren't bound when used, I guess that's why they changed that system.

There are also old festival achievements that could come back in some form.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Although this suggestion is much much better than some other suggestions we've seen in the past, I have one concern about giving LS1 achievements through dailies. You see there is still a possibility, at least in the future, for LS1 to come back, doing something like this would completely kill the return of LS1 forever. So, unless LS1 is to be scrapped forever, something like this shouldn't happen.

That said, in the historical achievements category, we can see the Retired Achievements, achievements that will never come back. Outside the PVP achievements (which offer prestige PVP titles as well) the others could be added to the game again through the daily system. For those wondering, that's 220 AP, bringing the total of daily AP for new players, and those who missed those, to 15220. These include the old miniature collections that could be achieved by a group of players (or a guild) buying all miniatures then passing them along their members to unlock the achievements, then selling them. With the old system minis weren't bound when used, I guess that's why they changed that system.

There are also old festival achievements that could come back in some form.

I agree with you, well for achievements anet plans to add again, this obviously shouldn't apply. -If they plan to bring ls1 back with the old achievements-Now I did say every historical achi, but yeah some which can return -like ls1- or the ones which needed skill -like pvp- could be excluded from this.Also most festival achievements are the same each year, and they just reset. Halloween had the exact same achievements in 2015 and 2016, I did them in 2015 and could do them again in 2016, so achievements like this can also be added to the increased cap, since it won't prevent anything in the future, they reset these event achis anyways.

Archived