I actually miss the hot meta in pvp and wvw

Eleazar.9478

@otto.5684 said:So back in the day Anet wanted all sPvP to become an esport. In order to do so they wanted to speed up the game play by lowering time to kill. The problem is MMOs sPvP does not have an esport audience and MMOs in PvP in general operate much better as a battle of iteration versus one shot.

The result, even with extremely low time to kill, GW2 is not and never will be an esport. It is also lackIng in any strategic gameplay and is barely balanced.

Note, I do not want bunker meta, but time to kill should be much higher than it currently is.

Not saying that your wrong or that anet never thought of balancing for Esports (there was a big marketing push) I think it's more of the spec skill creation team saying hey this would be cool if we did x and they make it really strong so people want to play it.

I think the issue with that style is without restraint the game becomes super bloated. Alot of it has to do with core skills being over buffed in areas too, or if they make something powerful put a high CD on it. (I'm not saying make it 120 but it shouldn't be lower 40 secs depending on the strength) there's so many skills that have wayyy to many effects and can be spammed off CD ad that to all the extra aoes and boom you have this either your dead in five seconds or these really long sustain fights were people will just run around in circles until someone gets out numbered.

Also as I've mentioned earlier in the post there's so many constant effects it makes the game harder to see and understand.

Classes should heal well! Weapons should hit hard AF! But haveing it constantly happen in conjunction with all the other effects makes the combat feel very cheap and unfair

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:The meta towards the end of HoT era was pretty good and balanced. But it took them one and a half year to get there.

And one day to delete it.

Well destroying something is always easier and faster than creating...

Sure, that's not the point.They destroyed it, that's the point. Not even tried to keep the old stuff in line with the new one.

Its a bit stupid that the game still one year later seems to be about firebrands fighting scourges fighting firebrands with the odd golden bubble in between and every one else dying in a snap.

Scourges and FB could take a tunguska loaded with nuclear warheads of nerfs to the face and still outpreform everyone else. Except roaming where you will get shredded by condimirrages running in packs.

I prefer playing unlimited heroes in overwatch vs 6 briggites as reinhart vs this junk.

@Rettan.9603 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:The meta towards the end of HoT era was pretty good and balanced. But it took them one and a half year to get there.

Sure, that's not the point.They destroyed it, that's the point. Not even tried to keep the old stuff in line with the new one.

because making the old stuff obsolete is the only way to force pvp and wvw players to buy their newest expansions. Money > good game

@Aeolus.3615 said:@Eleazar.9478 maybe ur ebing killed trough your evade frames?

Theres some bug going, intentional from anet or not, where unblockables are bypassing evades.

I know tethers work through evades and as for the bug that's not it (love to see any source or videos of the bug as while my play time is dropping I'll probably log on every few days to maintain plat rank and farm chests) . As I've said at nasium throughout this thread it's an aoe, skill bloat, and too low of CDs issue that make the game waaaay too messy. It's not a dps vs bunker issue

@Malediktus.9250 said:

because making the old stuff obsolete is the only way to force pvp and wvw players to buy their newest expansions. Money > good game

That's not true at all core specs are stronger than they have ever been I think only really core necro and core engie are weak right now in PvP and wvw

Archived