Med Kit Tweaking Plz

Depths.4051

I miss the days when you used to be able to heal and do damage at the same time with a large radius to boot. I speak of elixir infused bombs of course, whilst now we get this little vapor gun, while being very cool, has the smallest radius i've ever seen. I remember when thy first came out with that, that I knew it was going to be relatively worthless in comparison. I think the rest of med kit is useful, but its main spammable needs to be MORE if we are to compete as actual healers... or even be useful ones. I miss elixir infused bombs, so that we could have med kit pushed on us, but they failed to make med kit competitive. What do you guys think?

I think Med Kit is fine atm, 3-5 skills are pretty good (though I wish Cleansing Field centered around the engineer rather than dropping it in one spot) the 2 skill can be a huge burst heal on someone if you're point blank (ive seen 9k hitting someone with all 5) and its not bad when you fire it into a group of allies. The Med Blaster is also pretty good, running around in a zerg its a spammable 2k heal on allies. The animation is misleading though because the range is a 600 range cone which is not bad at all. I'd like the animation changed so you can more easily tell its going 600 range and also while running forward that it doesn't make the mist look like its going nowhere.

But overall its in a good spot.

Also the Elixir Infused Bombs trait never healed that much even with a lot of healing power, about 400-500 a bomb maybe. both Med Blaster and bomb auto take about the same time to fully go off so I'd rather keep Med Blaster exactly how it is since the healing is 4x as much and a long range, and actually aim-able.

The tweak needs to happen to bandage blast. It's truly not worth casting unless your target is immobile and you land multiple bandages, OR you're casting it into a swarm of 100 players

What should happen:

• Possibly allow bandages to remain on ground for allies and Engineer to pick them up,
  • Reduce bandages fired from 5 to 3.

If ArenaNet doesn't allow bandages to be picked up:

• Tighten spread and dramatically increase hitboxes of bandage projectiles.
  • Still reduce bandages fired from 5 to 3.

@Kaizoku.1298 said:

1 skill should drop bandage with cool down

Those were the days eh? And you could throw bandages if you traited for it... med kit has been in beta forever. It’s almost in a great place but if we are to be competitive in healing I think 1 skill could use a bigger cone despite what other people are saying. It just doesn’t do much to heal one person as a time or having everyone stack. We need a larger sweeping heal for people who are on the move or spread out.

For the most part, the Med Kit is solid. I enjoy using it more than the Healing Turret and I'm glad it got a rework because I was getting bored of using the Healing Turret. Bandage Blast is the only skill that I would love to see changed because it's a very risky skill to use. It can heal professions by a lot if you hit them with every single bandage, but only if they're not running sideways so that you don't miss any bandage.

It would be better if Bandage Blast gets reworked again into a ground targeted skill that throws 3 bandages that both allies and the engineer can pick up, something that @Chaith.8256 mentioned which I agree would've been a far better skill. If I could add anything is that those bandages give you regeneration like they currently do, but this time the regeneration is stronger. Vital Burst could cleanse 1-2 conditions from the engineer and allies instead of it being only an AoE quick heal skill and reduce the cooldown on most of the skills: Cleansing Field from 15 seconds to 10 seconds, Vital Burst from 20 seconds to 15 seconds and Infusion Bomb from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.

@Hoodie.1045 said:For the most part, the Med Kit is solid. I enjoy using it more than the Healing Turret and I'm glad it got a rework because I was getting bored of using the Healing Turret. Bandage Blast is the only skill that I would love to see changed because it's a very risky skill to use. It can heal professions by a lot if you hit them with every single bandage, but only if they're not running sideways so that you don't miss any bandage.

It would be better if Bandage Blast gets reworked again into a ground targeted skill that throws 3 bandages that both allies and the engineer can pick up, something that @Chaith.8256 mentioned which I agree would've been a far better skill. If I could add anything is that those bandages give you regeneration like they currently do, but this time the regeneration is stronger. Vital Burst could cleanse 1-2 conditions from the engineer and allies instead of it being only an AoE quick heal skill and reduce the cooldown on most of the skills: Cleansing Field from 15 seconds to 10 seconds, Vital Burst from 20 seconds to 15 seconds and Infusion Bomb from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.

Bandage blast needs changing, yes. But in no way can Vital burst clean 1-2 conditions and go to 15s cd, and Cleansing Field go from 15s cd to 10s cd. The condition cleansing ability would be frankly absurdly overpowered for a single heal. The condition clearing ability is still attractive, cleansing 4 on a 15s timer is good!

I've been tinkering with a DPS-focused healing setup recently and it's not that bad.

Firearms/Inventions/AlchemyRifle, Medkit, Elixir Gun, Bomb Kit, Grenade Kit, Mortar Kit

Zealot rifle (force/transference), Zealot armor (scholar runes), Zerk trinketsRice Ball + Furious Sharpening Stone

Your "passive" healing output is ~1k/sec on allies and ~700 on yourself. This is accomplished via casting medkit 5, elixir gun 5, and the elixir gun toolbelts off cooldown, giving you perma regen and an almost permanent ticking healing field. You should be able to do ~10-12k dps if focused purely on that, though you may need to do some burst healing here and there. This is accomplished by blasting one (or both) of your water fields with any of your 4 blasts, along with your medkit 4 and medkit toolbelt skills. If the group requires further healing, medkit auto is still incredibly powerful (~2k heal/sec with this aggressive setup).

Archived