Specialization Builds VS Core Builds

Alkami.5072

It seems to me like as one player put it " Arena Net makes the Expansion Specializations more powerful than the Core Specializations as a selling point so players are incentivized to buy those expansions". As a Core player its difficult to not believe that. At least when it comes to PvP.

With the amount of evades, temporary hit points, reflections, invulnerabilities, etc. I keep thinking to myself. Why didn't someone look at Core Spec vs Expansion Spec and say " Hey we need to do something to make the Core specs just as enticing as the expansion Specs" so long time or recently renewed players can still enjoy that part of the game. To be honest if it means we need to pay for something I'd be happy to pay for an new Elite CORE Spec.

But Please Arena Net bridge the gap between the two. Its not a gap that needs to exist. And just because something is older doesn't mean it should feel useless in the wake of something new added to the game.

@"Alkami.5072" said:It seems to me like as one player put it " Arena Net makes the Expansion Specializations more powerful than the Core Specializations as a selling point so players are incentivized to buy those expansions". As a Core player its difficult to not believe that. At least when it comes to PvP.

With the amount of evades, temporary hit points, reflections, invulnerabilities, etc. I keep thinking to myself. Why didn't someone look at Core Spec vs Expansion Spec and say " Hey we need to do something to make the Core specs just as enticing as the expansion Specs" so long time or recently renewed players can still enjoy that part of the game. To be honest if it means we need to pay for something I'd be happy to pay for an new Elite CORE Spec.

But Please Arena Net bridge the gap between the two. Its not a gap that needs to exist. And just because something is older doesn't mean it should feel useless in the wake of something new added to the game.

Both core thief and core guard are in the meta. Core warrior and core ranger are viable as well.

What really bothers me is that's when (if) we reach some kind of balance they'll drop another xpac with the ULTIMATE ELITE SPECS and we'll have to play it for like one year to be competitive, till they use that selling point, milk the cow, and then start working on real balance (what will usually take another year to reach the point where things get "normalized")

I see these posts all the time and they're all the same garbage. 1st of all Elite specs improve on the existing core specs which means if you buff core traitlines you also passively buff the elite specs which means your argument is pointless. 2nd what the hell is a new elite core spec? Like a new traitline that doesnt really change or add anything new cause it revolves around the same playstyle? That's as useless as buffing core spec to be on par with elite spec. And no elite specs arent pay to win cause you can have elite specs and still suck. You dont need to be a "core player" whtever the hell that is. Just think of it this way, when new heroes get added to a moba game and it becomes strong and meta you cant just be like "yo buff this hero and that old hero cause i like them more." All this aside core guard, war, thief and maybe even ranger, mesmer and engi are still good to a certain extent. You make the core specs sound more usless than they actually are.

@"Les.4872" said:I see these posts all the time and they're all the same garbage. 1st of all Elite specs improve on the existing core specs which means if you buff core traitlines you also passively buff the elite specs which means your argument is pointless. 2nd what the hell is a new elite core spec? Like a new traitline that doesnt really change or add anything new cause it revolves around the same playstyle? That's as useless as buffing core spec to be on par with elite spec. And no elite specs arent pay to win cause you can have elite specs and still suck. You dont need to be a "core player" whtever the hell that is. Just think of it this way, when new heroes get added to a moba game and it becomes strong and meta you cant just be like "yo buff this hero and that old hero cause i like them more." All this aside core guard, war, thief and maybe even ranger, mesmer and engi are still good to a certain extent. You make the core specs sound more usless than they actually are.

No. In the wake of the new Elite Specs why PvP at all with a Core Spec? Because a player prefers that playstyle over the new playstyle. That's reason enough to keep it relevant. Take Elementalist for example. Permanent Evade Weavers. Really? How does a Core player compete with that? When a Weaver can dodge everything and still destroy you. I've seen it on my team against the enemy team and I've been against it. I'm sorry its not fun.

The game wasn't balanced originally like this for a reason. And Elementalist has seen its share of nerfs particularly in the beginning of the game because it was too powerful. One ele could wipe out an entire team. How about One shot Mesmers? If this is going to be the game then at the very least make all playstyles appealing and competitive. That's not asking for much.

Someone else suggested nerfing the Elite Specs. That's an option but I'm not asking for the new stuff to suck. I'm asking for all playstyles to be competitive. I happen to prefer the Core playstyle. Why should any player be forced to play the new playstyle or punished because they choose not to? How is that fun?

Archived