Why doesn't WvW use sPvP's standardization?

LUST.2305

@LUST.7241 said:Other than they were built separately...

While build diversity is somewhat limited in sPvP because of the Conquest gamemode, but there's a lot of balance since gear is standardized. However, in WvW, you can be very diverse with builds but are burdened by PvE stats which make a lot of builds excel far beyond they are supposed to.

If WvW used the same gear standardization as sPvP, wouldn't that make it much to play around with the PvP elements that are restricted by the Conquest sPvP mode? Since WvW is just so much more open than sPvP, most (if not all) builds would still work but the cheesier ones wouldn't be as broken due to more standardization of gear. If sPvP and WvW are already sharing patch notes, wouldn't that just be more reason to do this?

No. The whole reason I don't PvP is it's way too simple. As I tell people repeatedly, it is the difference between a knife fight and war. It is the complex strategy that appeals to me in Wvw. ...and yes (sadly there must be something horribly wrong with me), I enjoy plotting out my stats and grinding the gear to create the ultimate killer.

Why is it in these kinds of posts its the PvP'ers that want WvW to change (or people want WvW to mimic PvP)? Why not have PvP use the same standards that WvW does?

Why restrict build diversity which will make WvW more PvP focused, ultimately making the mode as toxic as PvP but on a grander scale? Why is it t hat WvW needs to change and not the other way around? This would make statted gear more useless in game as it would only be needed for PvE content.

I can already tell you that anet would greatly hurt WvW if they did this as I could see many WvW'ers leave and PvP'ers have a new game mode that they wanted.

Archived