Taunt - Protect me

skystorm.9280

Beastly Warden gives a 240 radius + 2 second taunt when using a beast ability - really great on pets not so great on SB when merged. The taunt is really only useful if you land a WI or Prelude Lash - im not even sure if its triggered on Unflinching Fortitude and Spiritual Reprieve. When looking at Protect me it just fails flat so hard and I think its why this utility doesn't see a lot of action in the theatre of WvW; the taunt only come into play when "Your pet taunts the next foe that attacks you." When merged that just sucks, I'd like to have it just be a flat out taunt that would enable lures into WI ad also as an anti-fear to prevent runners which is so common. Its a short CD sure but that takes up a very precious Utility slot and doesnt' break out of roots or immobi., and doesn't grant stab. Personally, this is one of the changes I hope to see sooner than later.

@skystorm.9280 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The trait should trigger lesser peotect me honestly and the taunt should be just a flat AoE.

I cant tell you how many times having an aoe taunt would save me in so many skirmishes - truly believe that its a risk/reward use since drawing more than 1 opponent to you as ranger can spell doom.

Surely it would, but ut would open up some cc builds for druid too or just more reliable cc against breakbars.Depending on next elite (which hopefully is CC oriented) it could also be something interesting.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Surely it would, but ut would open up some cc builds for druid too or just more reliable cc against breakbars.Depending on next elite (which hopefully is CC oriented) it could also be something interesting.Um... IMO we already have the CC E-Spec which is Druid. It has insane access to CC (lunar impact, natural convergence, glyph of equality, glyph of tides, vine surge, ancient seeds, primal echoes...) . And druid can be build the same way as a zerker ranger for dps, I don't know what else you might want.

I expect next E-Spec to be a Shaman alike and be focused in dps ranged AoEs which is the aspect ranger lacks right now.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Surely it would, but ut would open up some cc builds for druid too or just more reliable cc against breakbars.Depending on next elite (which hopefully is CC oriented) it could also be something interesting.Um... IMO we already have the CC E-Spec which is Druid. It has insane access to CC (lunar impact, natural convergence, glyph of equality, glyph of tides, vine surge, ancient seeds, primal echoes...) . And druid can be build the same way as a zerker ranger for dps, I don't know what else you might want.

I expect next E-Spec to be a Shaman alike and be focused in dps ranged AoEs which is the aspect ranger lacks right now.

Well tons of stab, AoE ranged control, more reveals, pulls and general crowd control.Sure druid has stuns and roots but many CC aspects havent been explored yet.Personally i want something that transforms your pet mechanic into something entirely new. Similar to a ventari tablet or what not, that can be used to control an area, buff allies, support and deal dmg. Ofc dependend on initial pet.A lot of pulls to het enemies close together to kill them fast and synergise with the less AoE heavy weapons on ranger.

Druid itself sure needs some refinement into heal, buff and CC roles. But tahts now way way to off topic.

Archived