What is your Firebrand build?

Cave Rock.4869

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Grimheart.2853 said:Some more theoretic notes on weird crap nobody asked for:

Above is a small redesign of my previous PvE centered quickness+heal+mightshare Firebrand build, found here:

This time aimed for stronger might uptime.Should be capable of finally pushing stable 25 might stacks on top of everything else. No tests conducted, due to the requirement for 2 concentration sigils and the fact that I'm not rich, you know.

sup once again Grimheart, ah a build similar to what I like. Support Firebrand is awesome! You can have that and more with the build I run. But I like the hammer and staff combo... But mace and shield just seems to work better and easier. Yep sigils of concentration are expensive. I would advise against buying them :( I fell into that trap twice. Just use this build instead!

Max boon duration. You could even add the might/quickness mantra or the quickness elite and get them at full potential duration. Anyways nice to catch up again Garimeth, take it easy and I hope all is well. My fellow Firebrand theorycrafter :)

No hard feelings, but I'm not sure I can alayze this build without seeming rude.

To me this build as as flawed as it could be, concidering the amount of utility I am trying to achieve."Save Yourselves!": Very situational. Like, the only scenario I see for it to somewhat shine is Slothazor, and even then cleansing mantra, Courage 4 and Resolve 2 should be more than sufficient. Especially since in your build, shouts already clear conditions from allies."Stand your ground!": Useless. You can use stability with your courage tome when you need it."Retreat!": One aegis every half-a-minute (2+k healing) is not of much value. Bow of Truth, "Hold the Line!", even things like Merciful Intervention or Signet of Mercy are a better way to go about it.Mantra of Potence/"Feel My Wrath!" are not "You could even add", they're a "Not supposed to leave your bar ever" type of thing."Protective Revival": I guess I'd let that slide, but I wouldn't trade +25% healing for a rez trait. Even if I'm not using mace."Pure of Heart": Yeah, heals are fancy, but they come at the cost of might."Archivist of Whispers" and "Legendary Lore": Good for bonus healing/defensive support, but that leaves you with very low quickness uptime.Valor traitline: No."Pure of Voice": It ties to the shouts, majority of which have no bussiness being there in the first place. I could potentially make use of it in a specific fiddly way, but not in the way featured in this build.Superior Sigil of Bounty: I've been through this song and dance when it comes to stacking sigils in raiding enviroment.On a sidenote: Garimeth.

To conclude, with no mantras, there is almost no might and completely no quickness whatsoever, and even with them the uptime seems low compared to my prototypes. The only thing the setup kinda seems to provide in ammouts greater than that of my works is healing, which I am very much aware of, consciously bringing down healing values to an optimal level in order to push further other supportive aspects at their expense.

On the topic of my build: After more pondering I came to a conclusion that two staves are not optimal. Should be substituted for Mace/Shield. Possibly Scepter/Shield.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Grimheart, all good bud. I would not use my build in raiding as it is for WvW. Also I should have realized your was intended for raiding, apologies from that side of things.

Although my build has allowed me and another dpser to win 2 vs 5 in WvW if not more on a good day with the right situation or conditions.

Anyways sorry for the confusion Grimheart. I will look at your build with consideration for raiding now. Apologies from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@Grimheart.2853 said:

Above is a small redesign of my previous PvE centered quickness+heal+mightshare Firebrand build, found here:

This time aimed for stronger might uptime.Should be capable of finally pushing stable 25 might stacks on top of everything else. No tests conducted, due to the requirement for 2 concentration sigils and the fact that I'm not rich, you know.

sup once again Grimheart, ah a build similar to what I like. Support Firebrand is awesome! You can have that and more with the build I run. But I like the hammer and staff combo... But mace and shield just seems to work better and easier. Yep sigils of concentration are expensive. I would advise against buying them :( I fell into that trap twice. Just use this build instead!

Max boon duration. You could even add the might/quickness mantra or the quickness elite and get them at full potential duration. Anyways nice to catch up again Garimeth, take it easy and I hope all is well. My fellow Firebrand theorycrafter :)

No hard feelings, but I'm not sure I can alayze this build without seeming rude.

To me this build as as flawed as it could be, concidering the amount of utility I am trying to achieve."Save Yourselves!": Very situational. Like, the only scenario I see for it to somewhat shine is Slothazor, and even then cleansing mantra, Courage 4 and Resolve 2 should be more than sufficient.
Especially
since in your build, shouts already clear conditions from allies."Stand your ground!": Useless. You can use stability with your courage tome when you need it."Retreat!": One aegis every half-a-minute (2+k healing) is not of much value. Bow of Truth, "Hold the Line!", even things like Judge's Intervention or Signet of Mercy are a better way to go about it.Mantra of Potence/"Feel My Wrath!" are not "You could even add", they're a "Not supposed to leave your bar ever" type of thing."Protective Revival": I guess I'd let that slide, but I wouldn't trade +25% healing for a rez trait. Even if I'm not using mace."Pure of Heart": Yeah, heals are fancy, but they come at the cost of might."Archivist of Whispers" and "Legendary Lore": Good for bonus healing/defensive support, but that leaves you with very low quickness uptime.Valor traitline:
No.
"Pure of Voice": It ties to the shouts, majority of which have no bussiness being there in the first place. I could potentially make use of it in a specific fiddly way, but not in the way featured in this build.Superior Sigil of Bounty: I've been through this song and dance when it comes to stacking sigils in raiding enviroment.On a sidenote: Garimeth.

To conclude, with no mantras, there is almost no might and completely no quickness whatsoever, and even with them the uptime seems low compared to my prototypes. The only thing the setup kinda seems to provide in ammouts greater than that of my works is healing, which I am very much aware of, consciously bringing down healing values to an optimal level in order to push further other supportive aspects at their expense.

On the topic of my build: After more pondering I came to a conclusion that two staves are not optimal. Should be substituted for Mace/Shield. Possibly Scepter/Shield.

Hey Grimheart, it's definitely a great supportive build for Raids. I can see you had to Sacrifice healing for more boon support. But what you have is really high might and quickness durations. Plus with a hammer protection for the 33% dmg reduction.

Its solid for its purpose for sure. You would just have to let the raid know that your not there for healing but boons. The Dmg is. minimal also, which I am not sure many will be happy with, but the thing is you increase the dmg output of others.

So in the long run I think I would play something similar with a Firebrand in Raids. Whether others like it is the question. But hey let's both tell em the build will make others great! Cheers for the build Grimheart, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Grimheart.2853 said:

To me this build as as flawed as it could be, concidering the amount of utility I am trying to achieve."Save Yourselves!": Very situational. Like, the only scenario I see for it to somewhat shine is Slothazor, and even then cleansing mantra, Courage 4 and Resolve 2 should be more than sufficient.
Especially
since in your build, shouts already clear conditions from allies."Stand your ground!": Useless. You can use stability with your courage tome when you need it."Retreat!": One aegis every half-a-minute (2+k healing) is not of much value. Bow of Truth, "Hold the Line!", even things like Judge's Intervention or Signet of Mercy are a better way to go about it.Mantra of Potence/"Feel My Wrath!" are not "You could even add", they're a "Not supposed to leave your bar ever" type of thing."Protective Revival": I guess I'd let that slide, but I wouldn't trade +25% healing for a rez trait. Even if I'm not using mace."Pure of Heart": Yeah, heals are fancy, but they come at the cost of might."Archivist of Whispers" and "Legendary Lore": Good for bonus healing/defensive support, but that leaves you with very low quickness uptime.Valor traitline:
No.
"Pure of Voice": It ties to the shouts, majority of which have no bussiness being there in the first place. I could potentially make use of it in a specific fiddly way, but not in the way featured in this build.Superior Sigil of Bounty: I've been through this song and dance when it comes to stacking sigils in raiding enviroment.On a sidenote: Garimeth.

Hey Grimheart, it's definitely a great supportive build for Raids. I can see you had to Sacrifice healing for more boon support. But what you have is really high might and quickness durations. Plus with a hammer protection for the 33% dmg reduction.

Its solid for its purpose for sure. You would just have to let the raid know that your not there for healing but boons. The Dmg is. minimal also, which I am not sure many will be happy with, but the thing is you increase the dmg output of others.

So in the long run I think I would play something similar with a Firebrand in Raids. Whether others like it is the question. But hey let's both tell em the build will make others great! Cheers for the build Grimheart, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Well, the thing is that the build does, in fact, fill the dedicated healer role as well. If it wasn't supposed to, I'd just run some proper condi stats instead.

The healing potential of the build is not maximized, but it's not insufficient either.

That was the idea, which in it's core is the same as the idea behind condi druids: To sacrifice excess healing until the build has 'enough to keep the subgroup alive through the encounter', and then use that freed space to boost other aspects of the build. Both still should have enough to act as dedicated healers.

The difference is that while condi druids sacrifice healing to boost their personal damage, my FB is aimed to expand it's supplied boon table.

Hey all, I wonder what we can do with some of these new runes and amulets in SPvP. Basically which will be the best fit for Firebrands?

Also what do you all think about the radius and range increases to the mantras? I think it it should have been 600 range and 320 radius. But better than nothing.

Also no staff changes :(

Hi there,

Haven't made alot of builds myself or posted alot on here but I've been following this thread since the start.I'm a big guardian fan and really wanted to learn how the Firebrand works ^^.Recently I've put something small together for spvp, take a look and correct me if I made some really stupid choices ^^.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf3ensABNDhNCDmDBkCjF/BLLCVh2BWBgKQdafi2RHpA-jpAFhAAlBI3fAA

• 2 weeks later...

@Bluestrike.6154 said:Hi there,

Haven't made alot of builds myself or posted alot on here but I've been following this thread since the start.I'm a big guardian fan and really wanted to learn how the Firebrand works ^^.Recently I've put something small together for spvp, take a look and correct me if I made some really stupid choices ^^.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf3ensABNDhNCDmDBkCjF/BLLCVh2BWBgKQdafi2RHpA-jpAFhAAlBI3fAA

Hi Bluestrike, thanks for watching the post and eventually joining the theorycrafting. You know what I like your build I think it would be fun to play. Have you had any success with it in SPvP? You may benefit more from Balthazar runes but that is all I can think of other than your sigils were blank so if you could include them it would flesh it out more. Many thanks for the burn build idea :) from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869.

@Treetoptrickster.4205 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAne7fnkICFBjNCDeDBkCjlBCbvhORzoWBgq1a66a9BqAA-jRSBABA8EAa+kAsi+hoUe4/+DNpEjBzfUoE0H1fAA-e

Meant to be a self sustainable versatile build that can deal decent damage, survive, and support a little. Probably going to main the FB.

Hey there Treetoptrickster (cool account name btw), now the build needs a couple things to help it out. The hit points are really low and the plus healing will not provide enough sustain. I would recommend healing power of atleast 900 plus. Hit points around 15k would be the lowest I would go. Otherwise yeah I wanted to do the same, but sadly if you try to do both damage and sustain it is very hard to find the optimal balance. I always call it the jack of all trades but master of none. Sometimes its better to be a master at one thing, as then others know what role you intend to fill in a group in any of the game modes. Many thanks Tree, you will love playing the Guardian and Firebrand it has been one of my favorite professions since I started Guild Wars 2 six years ago. The build idea was much appreciated from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869.

I literally just (five minutes ago) finished unlocking Firebrand on my Guardian who is Extremely An Alt. I'm looking forward to eyeballing this thread for build ideas because I am godawful at Guardian.

Pls send help.

(Also yes I'm 4.5 years deep in GW2 and still secretly bummed out that there's never really going to be a point where we'll need a support build or a heal build unless we're raiding)

@Metricos.5617 said:I literally just (five minutes ago) finished unlocking Firebrand on my Guardian who is Extremely An Alt. I'm looking forward to eyeballing this thread for build ideas because I am godawful at Guardian.

Pls send help.

(Also yes I'm 4.5 years deep in GW2 and still secretly bummed out that there's never really going to be a point where we'll need a support build or a heal build unless we're raiding)

Oh but Metricos, your lucky to have found this post and there is hope for a support build. Trust me it is possible to play Firebrand support in all game modes. In fact I use a minstrels set of gear in WvW, with my guild mates who play power or condition damage builds. I heal, clear conditions and give plenty of boons like perma swiftness, stability, might, resistance, regeneration and heaps of ageis. Its also possible to provide swiftness and fury but I just prefer the other boons. Not only that I am the king of damage prevention of both types power and condition damage. Nothing hurts my guildies, all the while they are dishing out the pain.

If you don't like the damage prevention methods I speak of there is also a magi armour setup for pure healing with plus outgoing healing which on top of that is extremely mobile as apposed to support Revenants.

Metricos I will provide you with three builds, two that I use alternately in WvW and one that I frequently play in SPvP.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLEG2FoCUCuCAPgBwe/cgmQB-j1xHQBO8JFAP1fAoyPwpvBAnShHqEUc7PsO4AYtqVt1St1Wbtrt2art2aNgart2art2art2alC4rVaA-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWn8ABdChNCDmCB0EhlHCbveuPDoZvn5TGALA0AySA-j1RDQBsUJImU/JK7PsH9NDT5HAeSBy7UKEAAB4n9Zf+z85P/5P/zf+zf+zf2195P/5P/5P/5P/5PLFgf7sA-w

In SPvP I know that the top ranked Firebrand bunker player Moobs runs something similar to my build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLEG2FoCUC27nD0E6VA4BMAA-jJRWABAs/AknCAHLD88TAAA

So I hope it has been proven that support Firebrand can and does work extremely well even with limited damage, you just have to work well as a player with your team or guildies. They will be thankful that your about in the end that's for sure because you will save them more times than they will be able to remember or even notice in the end. They will get used to your help and when you aren't there they will miss your support. Goodluck from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Metricos.5617 said:I literally just (five minutes ago) finished unlocking Firebrand on my Guardian who is Extremely An Alt. I'm looking forward to eyeballing this thread for build ideas because I am godawful at Guardian.

Pls send help.

(Also yes I'm 4.5 years deep in GW2 and still secretly bummed out that there's never really going to be a point where we'll
need
a support build or a heal build unless we're raiding)

Oh but Metricos, your lucky to have found this post and there is hope for a support build. Trust me it is possible to play Firebrand support in all game modes. In fact I use a minstrels set of gear in WvW, with my guild mates who play power or condition damage builds. I heal, clear conditions and give plenty of boons like perma swiftness, stability, might, resistance, regeneration and heaps of ageis. Its also possible to provide swiftness and fury but I just prefer the other boons. Not only that I am the king of damage prevention of both types power and condition damage. Nothing hurts my guildies, all the while they are dishing out the pain.

If you don't like the damage prevention methods I speak of there is also a magi armour setup for pure healing with plus outgoing healing which on top of that is extremely mobile as apposed to support Revenants.

Metricos I will provide you with three builds, two that I use alternately in WvW and one that I frequently play in SPvP.

In SPvP I know that the top ranked Firebrand bunker player Moobs runs something similar to my build.

So I hope it has been proven that support Firebrand can and does work extremely well even with limited damage, you just have to work well as a player with your team or guildies. They will be thankful that your about in the end that's for sure because you will save them more times than they will be able to remember or even notice in the end. They will get used to your help and when you aren't there they will miss your support. Goodluck from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869

I...this is rad. It's all pvp/wvw, but still! Thank you so much! I'm gonna try a couple of these out and report back. I'm way too used to only playing Mesmer so Guardian kind of baffles me. Thanks much!

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

Pls send help.

(Also yes I'm 4.5 years deep in GW2 and still secretly bummed out that there's never really going to be a point where we'll
need

mantra of lore over save yourselves seems a lot more effective, same with elite mantra over RoF (for the pvp build)

@Darek.1836 said:

Pls send help.

need

mantra of lore over save yourselves seems a lot more effective, same with elite mantra over RoF (for the pvp build)

Save yourself is one of the hall marks for the build, it draws conditions from near by allies, converts two conditions and is a stun break. Plus renewed focus resets all of your tomes, for even more condition converts.

Darek i admit both mantras are great on paper but try it in practice and the number of times you will get interrupted trying to refresh them will be very frequent and get you will downed and stomped regularly. I too wished that they would have worked better, but from my personal experience they just failed me in the past and I refuse to let it happen again in a pivotal point of a WvW or SPvP fight. Cheers for the post but regretfully I am against the suggestions from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Bluestrike.6154 said:Hi there,

Hi Bluestrike, thanks for watching the post and eventually joining the theorycrafting. You know what I like your build I think it would be fun to play. Have you had any success with it in SPvP? You may benefit more from Balthazar runes but that is all I can think of other than your sigils were blank so if you could include them it would flesh it out more. Many thanks for the burn build idea :) from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869.

Hi again,

I've had some success in PvP even thought I'm no the greatest player, this build kinda works.I've changed the runes to Balthazar as you said and they work like a charm!Plus I've added my sigils, take a look :)

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf3ensABNDhNCDmDBkCjF/BLLCVh2BWBgKQdafi2RHpA-jpAFhAAlBI3fAA

• 2 weeks later...

PvE/Everything: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS8ensADFBjNCDGCBkCjl4BbPmOT7pVBgtU9yaDkviUA-jRSBQBmUJ4DuIAYRpHAeCA5T3ge0wkQ1fyoygAt/QAAEgbezsZbGc0je0je0jGA-e

I, no matter how hard I try, can never get behind a heavy condi build. So I take Firebrand into a power role... cause I'm dumb. It works out pretty well, I can support myself/others when doing anything etc. Love the high damage the F1 book can provide. And I enjoy the damage I can bring out with Radiance and Zeal.

WvW: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS8ensADFBjNCD2BDkCjF+BzqAMu2TYBgZwfafj2RPpA-jRSBQBJU9H9ohJf6GyoyATqEELK9AwTAIQ7P8gLCQAAEgbezsZbGc0je0je0jGA-e

I've been fiddling around with a roaming/ single playstyle power build. It's not been all that fun to fight, but I've found one that flows a little better into wvw. Gives a little more support/survivable tendencies. And just... kinda all around fun to play. Picking up honor for aegis heals makes your healing skill net you an extra 600 health. Not much... but it can help. As well as extra health to help against a high-condi burst, which just got hit into the ground last Tuesday. It also makes it so if you run into others or fall into a zerg. You can still support rather well with some increased outgoing healing. Keeping radiance for higher burst potential and finally, the mantra of truth can crit for around 1500, and apply that weakness and blind. It helps out in skirmishes far more than I thought it would.

All in all, I love the flow a firebrand, even while staying high power damage. Hope some of you are still liking it too!

I just wish I knew what the meta was. Everywhere I go, somebody says something different. Currently, I am running this:

Gear: Full Grievers, except for the backpack and trinket which are Viper.Runes: Superior of Balthazar x6Sigils: Bursting, SmolderingWeapons: Axe/Torch + Scepter/Torch

Utilities: Mantra of Solace, Mantra of Flame, Purging Flames, Signet of Wrath, "Feel My Wrath"/Renewed Focus

Traits:Virtues: Master of Consecrations, Absolute Resolution, Permeating WrathRadiance: Right-Hand Strength, Radiant Fire, Amplified WrathFirebrand: Unrelenting Criticism, Legendary Lore, Loremaster

Alone I hit 30k, no food or infusions. Some people say the sinister version is better than Grieving. Some people say that the Viper version is better than Grieving. When I test the zeal quickfire build vs. the virtues loremaster build I get roughly the same numbers.

Archived