Support chrono: Harrier gear after rune/sigil rebalancing?

FMK.3761

I am pretty new to the whole mesmer thing. I was halfway done with doing my gear when the patch hit.

As I understand with concentration sigil and chaos traitline you get 32% base boon duration.

Since leadership runes are too expensive for me I went for Durability, which after the patch give 15%.

That means I need to get 53% from gear and food. By playing with online build tools I only get this done with a combination of commander and harrier (to stay between 1400 and 1500 toughness).

I don't expect to do a lot of dmg anyways while being locked to chaos, so is this a viable approach? Really need some input on this.

I would really suggest you go for leadership. It takes a couple of days of farming the Dragon's Stand meta. Its really not that big of a deal to get the map currency. And six of them cost you like 12g together which isn't that much honestly.

But if you are not in the mood for that, then getting some harrier is a valid choice

Some minor corrections:

Chaos will not "give you" 22% boon duration. The trait gives 2% bd per boon. You will not be at 11 boons. A realistic calculation is to calculate for 8 boons and thus 16% bd.

I'd probably wait until new meta builds are available and compare to what top players are doing. Otherwise I'd probably try to get a full set of Leadership Runes and Commander gear, then use trinkets to alternate between berserker, harrier, minstrel and commander as needed since you do NOT want to have to change armor pieces once runes are in place (unless you are running legendary armor).

You dont really need 100% BD anyway. You can keep up your boons with way less, though its harder to do.You could go for infusions, which would give you another 6% BD. This can be pretty expensive though.

If you dont want to min max for damage, this is definitely a viable approach. Pugs and most statics only care about your boons and mechanics anyway.

@"kasoki.5180" said:I would really suggest you go for leadership. It takes a couple of days of farming the Dragon's Stand meta. Its really not that big of a deal to get the map currency. And six of them cost you like 12g together which isn't that much honestly.

But if you are not in the mood for that, then getting some harrier is a valid choice

If you play WvW a fair bit you can also get leadership runes for 75 notories and 1g each

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Leadership

If you're playing with a group that has difficulty finding their backside with both hands you can always opt for using harrier stats and some givers pieces to meet toughness requirements. With runes of the revenant you can pretty much keep high levels of stab and resistance which will trivialise most encounters. It is for carrying worse players but as SALT proved in the ARP, going slower and not messing up or wipe is an excellent strategy as they came 2nd because a lot of their competition messed up, wiped and that cost them time.

Basically to the OP run whatever lets you complete your raid with your people in the safest way, within reason.

Archived