New specialization-idea:)

Dennis.8036

As for my favourite profession, the elementalist-->ArchonWith a specialization emitting pure healing (tempest) and pure damage (weaver)the archon focusses on buffing its allies. each attunement grants acces to elemental reverberations, each one granting buffs. A new feature will be introduced, the buff focus. A profession specific buff which increases the damage dealt both ways while reducing the damage taken both ways.--> reverberation of earth: The solid ground you´re standing on itself engulfs you, granting damage reduction both ways while pulsing protection, resistance and stability.--> reverberation of air: The air you breath sharpens your mind, granting the new buff focus on beginning (not permanently) while also increasing the critical strike chance and damage. Pulsing swiftness, fury, quickness and alacrity--> reverberation of water: Elemental streams purify the very essence of yourself and allies, increasing healing received and outgoing boon duration. Its pulses remove conditions, heal over time granting regen, aegis and vigor.--> reverberation of fire: Elemental flames kindle the very essence of your soul. Your strikes are supported with flames, dealing minor damage and applying minor burning to enemies struck. Its pulses grant might and retaliationIf waited long enough, the reverberations can be manifested as totems, so the buff can be kept up while switching the attunement.The archon can wield a shield (I want the flameseeker prophecies for my ele so damn badly :( ) Or a scepter in the off-hand, gaining acces to mantras:)If all four totems are placed, the archon can turn into an elemental avatar for ten seconds granting all aforementioned buffs with doubled potency, pulsing focus for the entire duration:) This process will destroy the totems, the blast will grant the buffs again for a longer time while damaging the enemies.The totems however will have a great radius (like 1200 yard) and can be placed elsewhere. But can also be destroyed from enemies. (Not pve-aoe though) :)The mantras may include the following.

Healing skill: Echo of tides. A mantra channeling for 2 3/4 sec (similar to firebrand) with three charges with the last one being stronger. A little fountain resonates from your feet (radius similar to geyser) pulsing 950 healing and regen per second and removes a condition from everyone standing in every 2 seconds(with no healing power) for 4 seconds, combofield water. The last charge creates a big flood (radius similar to healing rain) healing 1200 per second while grantin regen for 5 seconds, removing a condition every second. Downed allies are revived for 7% health every 2 pulses.

Utility 1: fictile echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. Each activation criplles and weakens enemies, granting two seconds of magnetic wave to the caster (magnetic wave is a buff on focus 4 on earth, reflecting projectiles and breaking stuns for the caster. The mantra does the same, without removing conditions) The last charge immobilizes enemies, is a combo finisher blast and grants magnetic wave (2 sec) for you and nearby allies as well as stability, protection and resistance, breaking stuns for each allie affected.<

Utility two: icy echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. each activation applies chill and slow. The last charge creates a huge ice field, pulsing the aforementioned conditions, while granting regen and vigor for allies

Utility three: Energizing echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. Each activation dazes the enemies for 1 second while granting quickness and superspeed. The last charge stuns each enemy affected for two seconds, while leaving a static field (With the same unblockable stunfeature) which grants the aforementioned boons pulsing for 3 seconds for everyone standing in it. The size is a bit larger than the staff-variant.

Utility four: Scorching echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. each activation grants might and fury while burning each enemy affected. The last charge applies the boons twice in potency, granting each allie a magmatic charge which supports their next strike to deal additional flame-dmg and applying 2 stakcs of burning (counting on the elementalists condition dmg+duration)

Elite skill: Phonetic confluence: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges, Each charge grants focus, breaking stuns for the caster while turning 3 conditions on each affected allie into boons, granting a new buff called elemental harmony for 5 seconds, which heals each target affected for 150 (without healing power) each time they get a boon. The last charge breaks stuns for everyone, turning 5 conditions into boons.

The potency of the mantras is slightly increased when activated while in avatar-form.

Let me know what you think :D

First thing that I saw is that there is an imbalance in the number of boons provided by reverberation of air and reverberation of fire. Air getting 4 and fire getting only 2 while other reverberations are at 3 is beyond my understanding.

The fact that Tempest is already a boon farting engine don't make the concept behind this idea very attractive either. Honnestly, the elementalist don't need another support e-spec. The elementalist need more a spec that allow it to burst (As an example, a spec that grant an instant dps skill on F5. This spell would be charged by switching attunement.)

i wonder where my critic on this spec went to... also another user stated completly right that this wont work without getting core ele right.

this concept is renedead 0,2 and i gonna repeat that over and over and i dont care if u delete that.

this concept needs hard carry and would be still in a spot other classes allrdy fullfill without the need to get carried. its the same as warhorn concept that basicly had a good range hate uptime on cost of casttime but than everyone became instant, unblockable and huge rangespikes.

the biggest problem of this spec is scepter and dagger mainhaind. both subpar and both in need of a big overhaul. you can eventually play it on staff but why shield than? and why not take other classes that dont need that sort of support?

the spec with promised "big casttimes" also shows that u havnt read any critic so far that concerns ele problems.

@"shinta.8906" said:i wonder where my critic on this spec went to... also another user stated completly right that this wont work without getting core ele right.

this concept is renedead 0,2 and i gonna repeat that over and over and i dont care if u delete that.

this concept needs hard carry and would be still in a spot other classes allrdy fullfill without the need to get carried. its the same as warhorn concept that basicly had a good range hate uptime on cost of casttime but than everyone became instant, unblockable and huge rangespikes.

the biggest problem of this spec is scepter and dagger mainhaind. both subpar and both in need of a big overhaul. you can eventually play it on staff but why shield than? and why not take other classes that dont need that sort of support?

the spec with promised "big casttimes" also shows that u havnt read any critic so far that concerns ele problems.

Your actually commenting on the first post of this, your first comment is on the second;) The actual post still exists, I just made a second one because I went over the idea for traits and shield skills. The post you commented on first still exists, I just didn´t know how to edit to add the ideas I had:)

This really comes off as taking elements that you like from other professions or Elites and combining them into one. The game really doesn't need another boon spamming Elite. Additionally, there really is no reason for the totems to remain once you switch alignments. I am unclear on what you mean by taking and giving damage both ways. The totems remaining after you switch to a new attunement opens up the potential for a person to just spam totems.

I really don't thin shield would work for Elementalist given the main-hand weapon options it currently has and dual wielding scepters just comes off as silly to me. It would be better off as just taking a weapon it doesn't already have access to such as a bow or axe.

Archived