Messing around with ye olde Terrormancer [WvW]

Lucentfir.7430

I'm not sure if it was the music or the dark lightings or your toon's design but I definitely felt like I was watching a scary Monster stalking his prey. Love the atmosphere generated in your vids.

Am also always very happy to see more builds being used. Love the build varieties that have opened up for necros after the recent patches.

I'm trying a spectral terrormancer build myself for small scale roaming. Spectral traited with Walk, Wall and Grasp. Mixed results but it was fun.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I'm not sure if it was the music or the dark lightings or your toon's design but I definitely felt like I was watching a scary Monster stalking his prey. Love the atmosphere generated in your vids.

Am also always very happy to see more builds being used. Love the build varieties that have opened up for necros after the recent patches.

I'm trying a spectral terrormancer build myself for small scale roaming. Spectral traited with Walk, Wall and Grasp. Mixed results but it was fun.

Ha, glad you like it! I do try to make things fit with most of the videos. The music is probably what contributes to most of the feeling you're describing. I just decided to run old Terrormancer on a whim because I remember back in the day it used to be one of the most scary necro builds(Running into Choxie before) to encounter in roaming. Added with remembering they buffed core necro recently and wanted to see if there was anything notably different(without reading patch notes). One of the things I discovered was the added reveal on Tainted Shackles, that was a good change and I had fun yanking Engis out of stealth while they went for stealth stomps. only to explode to fear bombs immediately after.

As far as this build goes I've noticed it does exceptionally well against Holosmiths. Though the obvious flaws of base necro still exists. Getting caught out of position, focus fired by multiple people, stunlocked and low mobility often leads me to death. Scourge is also vastly superior in team fighting scenarios. There's also mirages that makes it kind of hard to land fears a lot of the time. Though nonetheless fun build still. Current build I'm running is around 85% fear duration in total, I'm sure if I invested more gold or time into a bit more expertise I should be able to max cap it.

Archived