Weaver in WvW

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

Sword/x weaver now is ok at roming in wvw and staff all in glass is lots of dmg. But you still need another class to support your dmg with boon strips something weaver nor ele core ever hard. Its just so easy to deal with all the duel skills from staff with all the projectile hate in the game even from other eles.

@juno.1840 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:Ele went from master of the elements to elemental slave. The weaving makes access to the skills you want be gated behind some crap CD.

Using Arcane trait line makes it a bit more tolerable because the GCD is 3.5s instead of 4.0s. Also the boon on attunement switch happens more frequently so you get things like perma-swiftness.

If it helps, you can start thinking of your attunements as "pairs" so instead of having 4, you have 16. Example: You don't have "fire" any more, you have "fire/fire", "fire/air", "fire/water", "fire/earth". Then you'll start thinking of what pair you want instead of which element. After that you'll start to build up a rotation to achieve the pairs you like best. I enjoy this rotation for WvW:
  • Fire/Air - start here so you're ready to drop static field and you have some high DPS skills on 1, 2, and 3
  • Earth/Fire - now you have Meteor Shower ready and high DPS on 2 and 3. Skill 1 gives weakness which gives you +15% crit chance if you took the associated Weaver Adept trait
  • Two choices at this point: Air/Earth for two high DPS single target spikes (2 and 3), or Water/Earth for two high DPS AoE (also 2 and 3). Either way you now have your earth CCs on 4 and 5. If you opted for "Air/Earth" you can do a "Water/Air" to get the dual skill with regeneration.
  • Back to Fire, so "Fire/Air" or "Fire/Water" depending on what you did in the step above.

The thing I like about Weaver and Staff is the dual-skills hit
hard
, I mean really really hard. You can land Pile Driver (Earth/Air dual) for 12k depending upon boons and vulnerability. Almost all the dual skills hit crit for 5k with no boons/vulnerability. The rotation goes fast so it feels like you never auto-attack.

Always go Fire/Fire from Fire/Air. You still have MS to drop but you also have the 10% damage increase from Elements of Rage. Which also makes your LF and your F/A skill 3 hit harder.During the fight mostly do E/F -> F/E -> F/F -> repeat. Go A/F if you anticipate to need static, and go W/x if you don't have targets to kill and need some healing (e.g. you're battering a door and taking AC fire).

@Sunshine.5014 said:If you want to play Weaver in WvW, you gotta play full glass Staff. Anything else and a Tempest would be better.

Bunker weaver with sword is ok. The evades, heals, barriers, and stun breaks make it solid. That being said, tempest is just as good if not better as bunker. It's still fun though~

@Feanor.2358 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:Ele went from master of the elements to elemental slave. The weaving makes access to the skills you want be gated behind some crap CD.

Using Arcane trait line makes it a bit more tolerable because the GCD is 3.5s instead of 4.0s. Also the boon on attunement switch happens more frequently so you get things like perma-swiftness.

If it helps, you can start thinking of your attunements as "pairs" so instead of having 4, you have 16. Example: You don't have "fire" any more, you have "fire/fire", "fire/air", "fire/water", "fire/earth". Then you'll start thinking of what pair you want instead of which element. After that you'll start to build up a rotation to achieve the pairs you like best. I enjoy this rotation for WvW:
  • Fire/Air - start here so you're ready to drop static field and you have some high DPS skills on 1, 2, and 3
  • Earth/Fire - now you have Meteor Shower ready and high DPS on 2 and 3. Skill 1 gives weakness which gives you +15% crit chance if you took the associated Weaver Adept trait
  • Two choices at this point: Air/Earth for two high DPS single target spikes (2 and 3), or Water/Earth for two high DPS AoE (also 2 and 3). Either way you now have your earth CCs on 4 and 5. If you opted for "Air/Earth" you can do a "Water/Air" to get the dual skill with regeneration.
  • Back to Fire, so "Fire/Air" or "Fire/Water" depending on what you did in the step above.

The thing I like about Weaver and Staff is the dual-skills hit
hard
, I mean really really hard. You can land Pile Driver (Earth/Air dual) for 12k depending upon boons and vulnerability. Almost all the dual skills hit crit for 5k with no boons/vulnerability. The rotation goes fast so it feels like you never auto-attack.

Always go Fire/Fire from Fire/Air. You still have MS to drop but you also have the 10% damage increase from Elements of Rage. Which also makes your LF and your F/A skill 3 hit harder.During the fight mostly do E/F -> F/E -> F/F -> repeat. Go A/F if you anticipate to need static, and go W/x if you don't have targets to kill and need some healing (e.g. you're battering a door and taking AC fire).

Yes very true. I don't usually run with Elements of Rage so the full attune doesn't necessarily benefit my rotation. But if I did run EoR, the full fire/fire does benefit quite a bit.

I've been roaming and dueling with a Marauder/Berserker/Cavalier mix with 0 Healing Power for the past week. Ironically enough, fights end up longer than when I'm playing Marauder/Commander Holosmith or Soulbeast. Will try a hybrid offensive build with 0 Healing Power once Grieving Amulets are available with WvW trinkets.

I run s/f in wvw with great results so far. It is so bursty and superspeed makes it a pretty cheesy build. If i set my burst right i can kill everything. It is glassy and not the idle build for beeing outnumberd, but so far i enjoy it. Like allways, avoid damage with dodging or kiting is the key.

Archived