Conditions and WvW

Aless.5376

@Aless.5376 said:Make a nec,maximize your condition damage,lay your field,and GG.These are the three easy steps to succeed in post POF's WvW.Funny and not funny.

Easy but not necessarily beneficial unless you encounter bad players who make no attempts to counter your play.If that is all it takes to outplay someone, perhaps they could locate a mentor on their server to assist improving their skills.

Man as an ele with all condi removal that this char can have (ether, cleasing fire, water trait with condi removal, overload water, even evasive arcana) I can't stand vs the condi spam of a nec, rev mesmer. What to do? Run forest:)) cause if you engage them and the player is decent you will surely die.

@Aless.5376 said:Man as an ele with all condi removal that this char can have (ether, cleasing fire, water trait with condi removal, overload water, even evasive arcana) I can't stand vs the condi spam of a nec, rev mesmer. What to do? Run forest:)) cause if you engage them and the player is decent you will surely die.

Strange, my worst profession to play as against heavy condi builds is the engineer, and I enter every fight feeling at worst I have a 50/50 shot. When I am on my ele, my first thought is how the other guy is screwed. What kind of build are you running? How are you using it?

Played some tanky d/d in the past that was running with the melee train. It was a great support for the melees: auras, heal, some moderate damage and cc's. If was fun and interesting to play, till I couldn't stay alive anymore being always overwhelmed by the condis . Right now I've changed to staff because I feel that it contributes more in a major scale fight and of course it stays alive more. The range helps but still if you get caught it melts fast. Fortunately I usually don't get caught that easy.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Meh, ive seen plenty get taken down by DPS PoF and HoT classes. Learn and adapt and try again. Gotta learn to cope with the new classes/changes/damage

In 1v1 yes a dps build stands a chance. WvW isn't a 1v1 place. Zerg fights now days consist of mainly condition builds everyone is running conditions. Standing in 1 red circle can stack conditions on you in less than a second. Condition damage is too strong and the spam is creating a lot of lag. Condition play and builds are not meant for WvW. Condition damage and spamming should be reverted back to pre-hot.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Aless.5376 said:Make a nec,maximize your condition damage,lay your field,and GG.These are the three easy steps to succeed in post POF's WvW.Funny and not funny.

Easy but not necessarily beneficial unless you encounter bad players who make no attempts to counter your play.If that is all it takes to outplay someone, perhaps they could locate a mentor on their server to assist improving their skills.

Again the OP is talking about zerg fights not a 1on1 situation.

@Aless.5376 said:Played some tanky d/d in the past that was running with the melee train. It was a great support for the melees: auras, heal, some moderate damage and cc's. If was fun and interesting to play, till I couldn't stay alive anymore being always overwhelmed by the condis . Right now I've changed to staff because I feel that it contributes more in a major scale fight and of course it stays alive more. The range helps but still if you get caught it melts fast. Fortunately I usually don't get caught that easy.

Condition spam just too aids right now to run dd. That's why tempest just went full support cleanse mode with diamond skin.

Archived