What are the chances of an overhaul of berserker energy system?

Axl.8924

@Axl.8924 said:

@Henry.5713 said:Honestly, I really miss the fluid Power Berserker in both PvE as well as PvP.Was kinda sad to see the nerfs back then as they pretty much removed the synergy between the elite spec and two of your most important traits (Adernal Health in PvP and Berserker's Power in PvE or both). Later on, I was wondering if ArenaNet imagines Berserker to be nothing more than a mediocre Condition Spec for PvE back when they made sure to put further modifiers on the PvE version of Spellbreaker after people complained. A spec that was never even meant to have high damage while they left Berserker as it was.

An obvious solution would be to revert this Arenalin Level nerf just to see how Berserker would fare in the current META of powerful PoF builds in pretty much every mode. There could be additional buffs to certain bursts or a revert of the previous Arc Divider nerf.This would already make you reconsider taking Berserker over the core build in raids and even more so Fractals with the old greatsword Arc Divider (plus Blood Reckoning) burst opening into the current Axe Burst. Peak Performance could trigger from both Physical Skills as well as Rage Skills. All of that synergy then and finally being able to take Head Butt again. You'd replace Tactics with Discipline similar to the Condition build for even more personal DPS. Giving Berserker back it's identity as an offensive, even if rather selfish, power house.PvP would be interesting. I can see both a very offensive Strength variant as well as a more defensive Defense variant being successful. As they might have the power to rip through the bunker META which the Spellbreaker just can't do anymore.

I got a question is there so far any skill splits for zerker? I think if the problem persists in pvp they should split it with pve and have pve the normal un nerfed skill set.

Don't think there are any splits or at least nothing of importance. Not to mention that you couldn't even be sure Berserker would fare so well in the upper levels of PvP even if none of the nerfs had happened. The vanilla versions of the likes of Spellbreakers or Scourges would have eaten them alive in PvP.Anyways, we have seen this happen many times before. Nerfs happen during times where they might be needed (sometimes too harshly even then) but then something else is introduced, with all of the powercreep, that makes even the unnerfed version of these builds look like a joke in comparison.Pretty much why people always joke some of the big nerfs happen in preparation for a new expansion to make sure people will have to flock to the new elites instead.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived