What are the chances of an overhaul of berserker energy system?

Axl.8924

I don't know that Arenanet ever will, I've started maining berserker and while it has problems, adrenaline gain isn't really the problem, spending it to have more of an impact is kind of lost due to the one bar mechanic, I'd rather see the berserker mode just have 3 bars like normal mode, but then you run into the problem of berserker possibly losing some of its uniqueness and may end up feeling like vanilla warrior just with a new skill, so...IDK how you'd fix the class

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think actually we are having a great conversation lets see if we can keep it flowing with more thoughts, maybe someone will come up with a brilliant idea that will spark a change in anet and improve it, maybe someone will say something so inspiring that anet will do it to fix whatever is wrong with spellbreaker

Tbh i dont feel that i do more dmg with berserker than core, when i run. Core i can take strength with me which basically has the same amount of dmg amplifiers and still brings utillity with it (reduced cd on physicals, fall dmg, adren gain, forceful gs) instead of just some raw berserker traits, with going into berserkermode screaming at the enemy to go kite for a bit because you want. To get as many primals off as you can, instead of using bursts a bit more Tactical

@Axl.8924 said:I think actually we are having a great conversation lets see if we can keep it flowing with more thoughts, maybe someone will come up with a brilliant idea that will spark a change in anet and improve it, maybe someone will say something so inspiring that anet will do it to fix whatever is wrong with spellbreaker

Anet doesn't read these threads. Instead they have shower thoughts, roll their face on the keyboard, and call it a balance patch.

@Axl.8924 said:you cant take the trait and combine it? It sounds like you have problems related with the way perks interact with zerker. How long have traits interacted this way?

You are basically forced to play defense and discipline, so there is only one traitline left to choose between, and why would i take berserker when it just feels bad and take strenght instead that actually feels somewhat impactfull

OP - I think the chances of them reverting any changes/nerfs are essentially zero. It's just not something they seem to like to do. Been playing almost since the beginning of GW2. There has been only 1 time i remember that Anet reverted a nerf. IIRC (it was way back in 2012), it was a nerf to Thief dagger skill 5 for some PvP issue that really messed up the PvE sword dagger rotation. They did change it back in PvE only after about 2 weeks and a lot of community complaining. Never seen them do it since.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Axl.8924 said:you cant take the trait and combine it? It sounds like you have problems related with the way perks interact with zerker. How long have traits interacted this way?

You are basically forced to play defense and discipline, so there is only one traitline left to choose between, and why would i take berserker when it just feels bad and take strenght instead that actually feels somewhat impactfull

So basically:You have to sacrifice all other possible stuff for defense and discipline to have enough energy and defensive traits?

Not sure what to think, because you have dogged war which means that if you get regen from getting condis on defensive. You got flames of war to cleanse conditions.I know its a torch thing, but you got that.

Outrage is on a really good cd, allowing you to get stability.

It is true you don't have much access to condi removal, that much is true.It seems all pretty standard actually, with a heal ability on 20 sec. I do think there are some things which clearly could be improved with condi removal.

Tell me how much damage do you sacrifice if you take the defensive stance? because there must be some downside to this such as having much weaker damage if you don't take strength or something, or else you guys wouldn't be angry about it.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Berserker have it's identity though. The e-spec feature a warrior that's being engulfed in the flames of rage to burst more often. There is no reason a buff to the defensive aspect of the berserker would go against it's identity, if anything, while he is enraged he shouldn't be one who worry about being hit.

The identity of a spec isn't the same thing as the role that players end up giving to it. Chronomancer is one that play with time, mirage is a mirage in between real and illusory. The berserker is a raging warrior while the spellbreaker is a boon breaker (well he isn't very good at it but it try).

Identity, you got to be trolling a berserker is a warrior that deals high amounts of damage at the cost of defensive, do we do a lot of damage, isn't warrior what we call A SUPORTER, a SLAVE BANNER, a class that is there because we provide specific buffs, yea it is, does berserker power exist... no we are a melee dot damager, can we use a greatsword to dps, usually feels like the weapon type that would fit the class identity, or even the hammer, no we use crappy axes.... we support on the role of cc breaking and banner buffs nothing else... our greatsword gameplay is broken and a joke there is no dmg out of it, power berserker doesnt exist, spellbreaker full counter now was destroyed, and they nerfd warrior because warrior was op ? (soz i guess i deviated a bit from the topic), well yea i do not feel like a warrior when using a big weapon like a greatsword, simply because the greatsword hits for crap...

@Axl.8924 said:

So basically:You have to sacrifice all other possible stuff for defense and discipline to have enough energy and defensive traits?

Not sure what to think, because you have dogged war which means that if you get regen from getting condis on defensive. You got flames of war to cleanse conditions.I know its a torch thing, but you got that.

It is true you don't have much access to condi removal, that much is true.It seems all pretty standard actually, with a heal ability on 20 sec. I do think there are some things which clearly could be improved with condi removal.

Tell me how much damage do you sacrifice if you take the defensive stance? because there must be some downside to this such as having much weaker damage if you don't take strength or something, or else you guys wouldn't be angry about it.

That might a PVP-related response. I have no problem staying vertical on Berserker with Strength (using MMR), Tactics (with Vigorous Shouts) and Heal Signet. While I can see some benefits to using Discipline in PVE, I think it's a stretch to say people are 'forced' into using that and Defense for PVE.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what would be the optimal DPS build for Berserker right now.

@Hugedeal.5426 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Berserker have it's identity though. The e-spec feature a warrior that's being engulfed in the flames of rage to burst more often. There is no reason a buff to the defensive aspect of the berserker would go against it's identity, if anything, while he is enraged he shouldn't be one who worry about being hit.

The identity of a spec isn't the same thing as the role that players end up giving to it. Chronomancer is one that play with time, mirage is a mirage in between real and illusory. The berserker is a raging warrior while the spellbreaker is a boon breaker (well he isn't very good at it but it try).

Identity, you got to be trolling a berserker is a warrior that deals high amounts of damage at the cost of defensive, do we do a lot of damage, isn't warrior what we call A SUPORTER, a SLAVE BANNER, a class that is there because we provide specific buffs, yea it is, does berserker power exist... no we are a melee dot damager, can we use a greatsword to dps, usually feels like the weapon type that would fit the class identity, or even the hammer, no we use crappy axes.... we support on the role of cc breaking and banner buffs nothing else... our greatsword gameplay is broken and a joke there is no dmg out of it, power berserker doesnt exist, spellbreaker full counter now was destroyed, and they nerfd warrior because warrior was op ? (soz i guess i deviated a bit from the topic), well yea i do not feel like a warrior when using a big weapon like a greatsword, simply because the greatsword hits for kitten...

You're mistaking builds and identity. Builds are bended toward what's most efficient, the identity stay the same. If the build do not conform to the view you have of the identity of the spec, the responsible certainly isn't the spec but the build in itself and the "meta" that it pursue. The real issue that you got is more that banners are a very important part of the meta and thus warrior are taken for theses banner. Outside of banner play, the warrior and the berserker do reach an average level of damage which isn't enough to push him into a meta dps spot not because the damage are low but because there are "better options" in regard of dps.

This fake assumption that something need to be "meta" to "exist" in the game is what kill the identity of the berserker and sometime even professions as a whole. The warrior's (and it's e-specs) identity are killed by the omniscience of their banners in PvE and the "fake" need to be the best damage dealer to have a raid spot. In PvP, following your definition of a berserker, a berserker just can't exist because sacrificing defense for damage isn't something that fit PvP.

NB: Axe couldn't be a more warrior flavored weapon

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

That might a PVP-related response. I have no problem staying vertical on Berserker with Strength (using MMR), Tactics (with Vigorous Shouts) and Heal Signet. While I can see some benefits to using Discipline in PVE, I think it's a stretch to say people are 'forced' into using that and Defense for PVE.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what would be the optimal DPS build for Berserker right now.

DPS condition Berserker is arms/display/Berserker. Power Berserker, while not very good, would be Strength/display/Berserker

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Berserker have it's identity though. The e-spec feature a warrior that's being engulfed in the flames of rage to burst more often. There is no reason a buff to the defensive aspect of the berserker would go against it's identity, if anything, while he is enraged he shouldn't be one who worry about being hit.

Identity, you got to be trolling a berserker is a warrior that deals high amounts of damage at the cost of defensive, do we do a lot of damage, isn't warrior what we call A SUPORTER, a SLAVE BANNER, a class that is there because we provide specific buffs, yea it is, does berserker power exist... no we are a melee dot damager, can we use a greatsword to dps, usually feels like the weapon type that would fit the class identity, or even the hammer, no we use crappy axes.... we support on the role of cc breaking and banner buffs nothing else... our greatsword gameplay is broken and a joke there is no dmg out of it, power berserker doesnt exist, spellbreaker full counter now was destroyed, and they nerfd warrior because warrior was op ? (soz i guess i deviated a bit from the topic), well yea i do not feel like a warrior when using a big weapon like a greatsword, simply because the greatsword hits for kitten...

You're mistaking builds and identity. Builds are bended toward what's most efficient, the identity stay the same. If the build do not conform to the view you have of the identity of the spec, the responsible certainly isn't the spec but the build in itself and the "meta" that it pursue. The real issue that you got is more that banners are a very important part of the meta and thus warrior are taken for theses banner. Outside of banner play, the warrior and the berserker do reach an average level of damage which isn't enough to push him into a meta dps spot not because the damage are low but because there are "better options" in regard of dps.

This fake assumption that something need to be "meta" to "exist" in the game is what kill the identity of the berserker and sometime even professions as a whole. The warrior's (and it's e-specs) identity are killed by the omniscience of their banners in PvE and the "fake" need to be
the best
damage dealer to have a raid spot. In PvP, following your definition of a berserker, a berserker just can't exist because sacrificing defense for damage isn't something that fit PvP.

So you are telling met he dps isn't that great? whats holding back the dps? is it because of something to do with the need to take defense? or is it because of the abilities themselves?

What about berserker mode itself?

Also this is a off topic about berserkerks but is related to warriors in general:Are you guys happy with how banners currently function? do you forego banners as a zerker?

@Axl.8924 said:

This fake assumption that something need to be "meta" to "exist" in the game is what kill the identity of the berserker and sometime even professions as a whole. The warrior's (and it's e-specs) identity are killed by the omniscience of their banners in PvE and the "fake" need to be
the best
damage dealer to have a raid spot. In PvP, following your definition of a berserker, a berserker just can't exist because sacrificing defense for damage isn't something that fit PvP.

So you are telling met he dps isn't that great? whats holding back the dps? is it because of something to do with the need to take defense? or is it because of the abilities themselves?

What about berserker mode itself?

Also this is a off topic about berserkerks but is related to warriors in general:Are you guys happy with how banners currently function? do you forego banners as a zerker?

The bannerslave warrior is more of a raid build which doesn't take defense line. Are we happy with banners, oh God no. We do not like banners they're boring and dull and need a rework.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

im talking from a pvp/wvw standpoint and there berserker is absolute dogSH

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Isnt it same with spellbreaker

On Sb we have protect on counter,counter itself which acts as an "invuln",can have resist on counter and counter itself is also an easy way to get fast 3x stacks of adren hp besides it also resets our bursts.On Berserk we dont have this besides being a cc break stabi king the sustain is severely lacking.Even on core with MMR youl have better sustain overall,and better damage,where cleansin ire still can be used aswell if needed since compared to sb and bers it'l cleanse 3 condi's instead of 1.

Whe> @Caedmon.6798 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

On Sb we have protect on counter,counter itself which acts as an "invuln",can have resist on counter and counter itself is also an easy way to get fast 3x stacks of adren hp besides it also resets our bursts.On Berserk we dont have this besides being a cc break stabi king the sustain is severely lacking.Even on core with MMR youl have better sustain overall,and better damage,where cleansin ire still can be used aswell if needed since compared to sb and bers it'l cleanse 3 condi's instead of 1.

When you say counter, do you mean full counter? so do you use main attack on cds then use full counter to refresh as a rotation?

@Axl.8924 said:Whe> @Caedmon.6798 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

When you say counter, do you mean full counter? so do you use main attack on cds then use full counter to refresh as a rotation?

Yes Full counter.You can practically Burst/Counter/Burst with some hits in between for adren gain.

No wonder spellbreaker is more desired free heal good rotation for adren refreshing your bursts, sounds absolutely amazing. Too bad zerker got shafted, hopefully spellbreaker doesnt get shafted too. They need to keep dmg intact, or i predict warr will be killed.

Honestly, I really miss the fluid Power Berserker in both PvE as well as PvP.Was kinda sad to see the nerfs back then as they pretty much removed the synergy between the elite spec and two of your most important traits (Adernal Health in PvP and Berserker's Power in PvE or both). Later on, I was wondering if ArenaNet imagines Berserker to be nothing more than a mediocre Condition Spec for PvE back when they made sure to put further modifiers on the PvE version of Spellbreaker after people complained. A spec that was never even meant to have high damage while they left Berserker as it was.

An obvious solution would be to revert this Arenalin Level nerf just to see how Berserker would fare in the current META of powerful PoF builds in pretty much every mode. There could be additional buffs to certain bursts or a revert of the previous Arc Divider nerf.This would already make you reconsider taking Berserker over the core build in raids and even more so Fractals with the old greatsword Arc Divider (plus Blood Reckoning) burst opening into the current Axe Burst. Peak Performance could trigger from both Physical Skills as well as Rage Skills. All of that synergy then and finally being able to take Head Butt again. You'd replace Tactics with Discipline similar to the Condition build for even more personal DPS. Giving Berserker back it's identity as an offensive, even if rather selfish, power house.PvP would be interesting. I can see both a very offensive Strength variant as well as a more defensive Defense variant being successful. As they might have the power to rip through the bunker META which the Spellbreaker just can't do anymore.

@Henry.5713 said:Honestly, I really miss the fluid Power Berserker in both PvE as well as PvP.Was kinda sad to see the nerfs back then as they pretty much removed the synergy between the elite spec and two of your most important traits (Adernal Health in PvP and Berserker's Power in PvE or both). Later on, I was wondering if ArenaNet imagines Berserker to be nothing more than a mediocre Condition Spec for PvE back when they made sure to put further modifiers on the PvE version of Spellbreaker after people complained. A spec that was never even meant to have high damage while they left Berserker as it was.

An obvious solution would be to revert this Arenalin Level nerf just to see how Berserker would fare in the current META of powerful PoF builds in pretty much every mode. There could be additional buffs to certain bursts or a revert of the previous Arc Divider nerf.This would already make you reconsider taking Berserker over the core build in raids and even more so Fractals with the old greatsword Arc Divider (plus Blood Reckoning) burst opening into the current Axe Burst. Peak Performance could trigger from both Physical Skills as well as Rage Skills. All of that synergy then and finally being able to take Head Butt again. You'd replace Tactics with Discipline similar to the Condition build for even more personal DPS. Giving Berserker back it's identity as an offensive, even if rather selfish, power house.PvP would be interesting. I can see both a very offensive Strength variant as well as a more defensive Defense variant being successful. As they might have the power to rip through the bunker META which the Spellbreaker just can't do anymore.

I got a question is there so far any skill splits for zerker? I think if the problem persists in pvp they should split it with pve and have pve the normal un nerfed skill set.

Archived