Wood Crates vs. Metal Crates

ShadowbaneX.6273

I'm in the later stages of crafting a Legendary and I'm trying to gather up all the materials I need. I'm doing fairly well, but with the new Legendaries I need a couple forests worth of Elder Wood and one and a half mountain ranges worth of Mithril. After the preview weekend I'd hope that I could get something out of the trade caches, and I have...thing is, I noticed something a little unequal.

The metal crates give Ingots, but the wood crates only seem to give logs, and fewer of them as well, (although that may just be anecdotal, I only purchased 4 wood crates and got a total of 27 Elder Wood Logs and 2 Ancient Wood Planks). It seems that you get way more metal than wood with these things. Would it be possible to change the wood crates to gives planks instead of logs?

@ShadowbaneX.6273 said:I'm in the later stages of crafting a Legendary and I'm trying to gather up all the materials I need. I'm doing fairly well, but with the new Legendaries I need a couple forests worth of Elder Wood and one and a half mountain ranges worth of Mithril. After the preview weekend I'd hope that I could get something out of the trade caches, and I have...thing is, I noticed something a little unequal.

The metal crates give Ingots, but the wood crates only seem to give logs, and fewer of them as well, (although that may just be anecdotal, I only purchased 4 wood crates and got a total of 27 Elder Wood Logs and 2 Ancient Wood Planks). It seems that you get way more metal than wood with these things. Would it be possible to change the wood crates to gives planks instead of logs?

It's the same with cloth and leather crates, they give raw scraps and sections not refined bolts and squares and very few of them too (in my experience). It's odd.

@Pifil.5193 said:

It's the same with cloth and leather crates, they give raw scraps and sections not refined bolts and squares and very few of them too (in my experience). It's odd.

If they were to make all the trade crates yield refined common materials I think it'd be great. Well, not so much for me because I went and bought the 22 stacks of wood I needed last night. In the future though having squares, bolts & planks would be a great.

Archived