Align A.E.D with similar heals

Bashi.8902

the engi is spaking blue lightning arcs from 2 wristbans when its in effect. sure the arcs could be bigger but its visible none the less> @Snellibee.2761 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:All I think AED needs is a more obvious telegraph, Infused Light has a huge blue glow around the revenant indicating "Don't attack this person" whilst AED doesn't really have something like that

AED can self proc though by overheating on Holo.

Its the only way I use AED anyway but took a lot of practice to pull off right, I honestly didn't think anyone used this heal anyway.. It's usually too reliant on enemies being silly and bursting you while its up.

Not sure I missed something here but why did you quote me?

Infused light has a telegraph but it doesn't have an ability to self inflict damage like Holo can.So even if you gave it a huge tell, it probably wouldn't make much difference. Players could work around it.

Ah alright I understand what you're trying to say, even though it can be triggered with overheat, I still think it needs a good telegraph. It's only fair.

the engi is sparking blue lightning arcs from 2 wristbans when its in effect. sure the arcs could be bigger but its visible none the less

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:All I think AED needs is a more obvious telegraph, Infused Light has a huge blue glow around the revenant indicating "Don't attack this person" whilst AED doesn't really have something like that

Its the only way I use AED anyway but took a lot of practice to pull off right, I honestly didn't think anyone used this heal anyway.. It's usually too reliant on enemies being silly and bursting you while its up.

Infused light has a telegraph but it doesn't have an ability to self inflict damage like Holo can.So even if you gave it a huge tell, it probably wouldn't make much difference. Players could work around it.

Ah alright I understand what you're trying to say, even though it can be triggered with overheat, I still think it needs a good telegraph. It's only fair.

AED behaves very differently from Defiant Stance and Infuse Light. It's extremely difficult to use right, and this makes it unreliable.

Additionally, there is a very large telegraph -- the user rears their head up, then gets sparkling wristbands. If that's not obvious enough, the engineer will often purposely make more dangerous decisions than you might expect for their health.

If you need to see what the tells are, I took some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/VfeIUqL

The wristbands are somewhat subtle (especially given my infusions/legendaries), but if you missed the initial tell... a larger enduring tell would be rather odd given the weaknesses of the skill.

Now if it inverted damage like other heals, I might be ok with that too. But I think a lot of people might cry foul.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

AED behaves very differently from Defiant Stance and Infuse Light. It's extremely difficult to use right, and this makes it unreliable.

Additionally, there is a very large telegraph -- the user rears their head up, then gets sparkling wristbands. If that's not obvious enough, the engineer will often purposely make more dangerous decisions than you might expect for their health.

If you need to see what the tells are, I took some pictures:

The wristbands are somewhat subtle (especially given my infusions/legendaries), but if you missed the initial tell... a larger enduring tell would be rather odd given the weaknesses of the skill.

Now if it inverted damage like other heals, I might be ok with that too. But I think a lot of people might cry foul.

In the clusterf*ck of effects that PoF brought this animation is completely invisible in a fight though

AED is actually way better than Infused Light or w/e, because as soon people realize their damage is healing the enemy they'll just stow. Whilst AED gives no tell on your damage if your last blow is going to nearly full heal them.I'd trade Infused Light on my Revenant for AED any day.

Also like someone mentioned above, AED can be triggered with overheating.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:AED is actually way better than Infused Light or w/e, because as soon people realize their damage is healing the enemy they'll just stow. Whilst AED gives no tell on your damage if your last blow is going to nearly full heal them.I'd trade Infused Light on my Revenant for AED any day.

Also like someone mentioned above, AED can be triggered with overheating.

The only argument where A.E.D is better than Infuse Light is yours - where the opponent has no clue what it is or sees it being used.

This game has a component of UI checking - every single player has to occasionally glance if the enemy has Stab, Aegis, Spectral Armor, A.E.D, and so forth before blowing their CC & load.

I've used A.E.D myself and the vast majority of players are aware when it is used. Not to be rude but your whole argument is subjective reality stemming from a handicapped level of awareness.

Also, using Overheat to proc A.E.D is something you should never do purposefully. If you use the 4k hit to proc A.E.D, great. The only problem is that you will take another 4k over time, and forfeit 6500+ healing from Heat Therapy, nullifying 86% of the 12,280 healing you just got, and killing your ability to fight back for the next little bit.

It's better to not proc A.E.D than overheat, especially since if you were condied up you wouldn't need to overheat.

Now you know!

Does that apply if you trait for the aoe overheat damage?I wouldn't know, I have only 1 build for holo that I use for a game or 2 every month or so.

If you trait for overheat damage you don't take the 4k direct damage from overheat. You still take the 4k damage over time, which could in theory be used to Proc A.E.D - and you don't forfeit your heat therapy when you have Photonic Blasting Module slotted.

That trait has a small synergy with A.E.D actually. Normally that annoying guaranteed 4k DoT on you to HOPEFULLY nuke somebody for more than 4k is the worst part about that trait but it could be a useful handicap with A.E.D.

Too bad that trait is very underpowered compared with Vent Exhaust, its PvE only right now

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:I’ve been using AED as my main heal since HoT on a glass Engineer. It is a great heal in that it is clearly designed to benefit a glass cannon playstyle.

As for tells, do you play with the sound on as well? It has a very clear audible tell that makes it easier to play around than the other heals you mention.

I think most people play PvP with music, so that would be hard to hear I guess

Archived