Black Lion Chest Bug

LizLemon.7843

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:However, regardless, BL Chests are specifically designed to drop junk. They have never had a fair chance of getting the stuff you mentioned and never will.

That is untrue. Like I said, I used to open tons of them, and before the update last fall there was a good chance of receiving valuable drops (even rares). Now chances are slim even for the unique uncommon items.

Your experience isn't indicative of the overall drop rates. Unless you've opened over 1k chests (under the same drop table), the results suffer from the same RNG that all of us enjoy: someone does get lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that BL chests are specifically designed to drop junk. They aren't sold to offer a "fair deal;" they offer the entertainment of that moment right before opening, when we can hope to get lucky.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:However, regardless, BL Chests are specifically designed to drop junk. They have never had a fair chance of getting the stuff you mentioned and never will.

That is untrue. Like I said, I used to open tons of them, and before the update last fall there was a good chance of receiving valuable drops (even rares). Now chances are slim even for the unique uncommon items.

You having a stroke of luck doesn't mean the chance was high. Also if the chance of dropping something was this high, the price automatically plummets (like, you know, the raptor), so it's no longer a valuable drop anyways.

And since when could anyone reliably "get their gold's worth" after converting gold into gems to buy keys to open BLChests? (question directed to OP)It's just pure lottery.

Archived