Guild Wars 2 Wishlist

Hey there,

I want to make a list of things I'd love to be added/changed in game to make my experience better. This one's totally subjective, so feel free to add whatever you'd want to see added to Guild Wars in the near or far future.

Here we go:

• Core Dungeons (change) - Giving dungeons a breath of fresh air. Mechanically, they are completely outdated and even as a low-level character I have no problems with most of the mobs. I love them and I think they give some characters a lot of background. There's a lot what's great about them, but they are completely non-difficult. I'd like Dungeons to be more challenging. I'd love ANet to add some new ofc. So, make room for Core Dungeons and maybe add some new ones. 5-man content is one of the best organized one.
  • Character Creation (change) - I'd really want to see some changes made to character creation, namely - sliders. We are stuck with body types presets which isn't a good solution. This would make easier to fit armors with the exact race and perhaps remove a lot of clipping issues.
  • Build Templates (add.) - This one's obvious. We have so many stats and equipment, wardrobe system and so much more that it's just very boring to A) Keep so much stuff in bank just to swap your equipment, B) click your way through every single armor/ weapon/ trinket if their legendary.
  • Class Diversity (change) - To me, the approach of "anyone can be anything" is unhealthy for the game. We don't need strict Trinity, I want classes to feel special. Every class has access to every boon, condition, etc. This makes them less special. I'd love this to change - certain classes having access to specific set of boons, while other not so much.
  • Guild System Importance (add.) - Additional Guild quests! In every game-mode, dailies, etc. Guilds lost their importance, there several merchants that are Guild-dependant and other than that there's nothing that special about the guild system. You don't need it, you can play completely as a solo player (which is fine) but there are close to no activites (beside bounties).
  • Daily System (change/ add) - Overhaul of the Daily System in GW2. It's a great way to keep people playing but in the long run there's nothing special about them. For me, the easiest way is to queue up for sPvP, spend 20 mintes and done. There are some great suggestions on the Internet regarding Daily System which include: Killing X number of specific Mobs, clearing dungeons, making all of the maps viable, going for hearts, adding story missions instead of hearts, and many many more.
  • Monthlies (bring back) - It speaks for itself.

CRAZY:

• New Race - I'm a lore guy, I love playing new races, trying out new animatiosn and getting to know more characters
  • Race Change - Every game has it, I think we need this. There has to be the easy way of implementing it
  • Bookshelf - Why not? It's already in the game, so why not give us some gizmo or Home Instance item?

i could go on, but these are my main concerns. The last thing I'd want ANet to add is a communication with us. Maybe not so direct, but keeping us up to date would be very welcome. I want to know what I can be excited about, I want to see the active development and I want to see more art, great concepts!

What's on your lists? :)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"derd.6413" said:

Race Change - Every game has it, I think we need this. There has to be the easy way of implementing itno, there isn't

Yes there is, just give you a prompt to pick the story paths which takes ten minutes. Make it cost sixty bucks like the level 80 token, and there you go easy peasy .

I don't think it's THAT simple. While race doesn't seem to have any visible impact on the story beyond the first half of the personal story, from a technical point of view, it might still be impossible to simply change it after creation. What you suggest is probably never going to be a reality.

Besides, if I had the 2000 gems to spend on a race change contract, or whatever they would be called, I'd buy 2 character slots instead. You can have more than enough slots to have a character of every profession in each of the five races. But, to each their own, I guess.

On the daily system changes: What you want is essentially bring back the old daily rotation. It had everything you mentioned and some more. To be hones, I kinda miss it...

@MikeG.6389 said:

@"derd.6413" said:

Race Change - Every game has it, I think we need this. There has to be the easy way of implementing itno, there isn't

Yes there is, just give you a prompt to pick the story paths which takes ten minutes. Make it cost sixty bucks like the level 80 token, and there you go easy peasy .

I don't think it's THAT simple. While race doesn't seem to have any visible impact on the story beyond the first half of the personal story, from a technical point of view, it might still be impossible to simply change it after creation. What you suggest is probably never going to be a reality.

Besides, if I had the 2000 gems to spend on a race change contract, or whatever they would be called, I'd buy 2 character slots instead. You can have more than enough slots to have a character of every profession in each of the five races. But, to each their own, I guess.

On the daily system changes: What you want is essentially
. It had everything you mentioned and some more. To be hones, I kinda miss it...

To be fair I don't want a race change token, I only like two of the five races we have and am comfortable with the characters I have. I was just making an argument for people who do want a race change token; It can happen but probably wont and honestly id rather them make a new race, spend those resources making it work than simply making a token that can change my race whenever.

Few of your ideas I do like and would want. My thoughts on the ones you mentioned.

• Dungeons - I would like to see some life brought back to them. I would also like to see some new dungeons in the new different areas. Tomb of the Primeval Kings would be an awesome dungeon.
  • Build Templates - I would think this is high on everyone's wish list and has been asked for since launch. I thought it would have been added around the same time they were implementing all of the quality of life updates in 2014. There has to be a reason for it not to have been added yet.
  • Guilds - PvE guild missions needs new content. I like the idea of Guild Dailies.
  • Monthlies - I would like to see those brought back. It rewarded game play that happens throughout the month unlike the Login rewards, which is basically a second daily reward.
  • Bookshelf - This is another that I've seen a lot. It would be nice to have a place of the books that we get and free up some inventory space.
  • New races - Who doesn't want to run around as a Tengu, Kodan, or Largos!?

For my additions

• New Professions - Bring back the GW1 fan favorites: Ritualist and Dervish. Not sure what medium armor profession could be added to keep each armor class with the same number. Yes, I've read/heard that Ritualist was reworked into the Engineer, but I think the Ritualist could be added and have a different feel to it than Engi. I have ideas on how both the Ritualist and Dervish could be added, but that's for a different post. :p
  • Profession Specific Equipment - The Rev got its own style for armor and a few of its weapons. I would like to see the rest of the Rev's core weapons in the same style. I would also like to have collections similar to how we obtained the Rev's armor and recipes for weapons of the other professions to give each profession its own style.

Archived