Rollbacks?

This is a bit of a weird bug I came across.

Just recently I noticed my gold amount had changed to where I lost some of it. What I originally had before just the other day had recently reverted back to an older amount I had maybe a few days ago. I've never purchased anything anywhere in the last couple of days. I've checked multiple history transactions and came up with nothing. The only thing I have done recently is sell a few things on the Trading Post, which brought up my gold amount just a small amount, but enough to where I noticed the change.

I've also heard from friends some of their accounts have also had similar situations. Maybe not with gold exactly but weapon upgrading and even mount skins that were once unlocked are now locked again. Has anyone else had something like this happen as of recently?

All the other times I have seen this brought up is either because the person got confused by the gold/silver/copper divisions or they were unaware of the listing fee when selling items on the TP. Additionally if you use one of the salvage-o-matics then every time you salvage it deducts some money per use. Salvaging a stack of things with the silver fed would take 1.5g.

If there had been any roll-backs, there would be hundreds of posts.
I'm a bit confused by the statement about selling on the Trading Post; your Gold amount won't change until you pick up the Gold from the Trading Post NPC (and, of course, you can see exactly how much Gold you pick up).It is possible that you are unaware of exactly how the Trading Post works.If so, this may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post

Good luck.

@Khisanth.2948 said:All the other times I have seen this brought up is either because the person got confused by the gold/silver/copper divisions or they were unaware of the listing fee when selling items on the TP. Additionally if you use one of the salvage-o-matics then every time you salvage it deducts some money per use. Salvaging a stack of things with the silver fed would take 1.5g.

What I sold on the Trading Post was definitely not enough of a fee to take as much as it had. This looks like something completely different. And I don't use the salvage-o-matics.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If there had been any roll-backs, there would be hundreds of posts.

I'm a bit confused by the statement about selling on the Trading Post; your Gold amount won't change until you pick up the Gold from the Trading Post NPC (and, of course, you can see exactly how much Gold you pick up).It is possible that you are unaware of exactly how the Trading Post works.If so, this may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post

Good luck.

I am aware of how it works. There is a listing fee but this was not it. This acts like it was completely reverted to a time before I did anything. Almost like the money I had just earned at the Trading Post was removed completely and rolled back to a certain point. I picked up what I had before logging out for a night, logged back in just today, noticed I lost the gold I had just earned.

There has been something sorta going on with their servers, with rollbacks or data loss. I lost a Jackal Mount skin out of the blue, and a couple ascended items after crafting them. They just vanished, along with the mats I used to craft them. Also heard of some folks items lately after having swapped the stats on items, the stats reverted themselves back to their original stats, and all the mats again, being gone.

Sort of the same thing happened to me last night, I switched the stats on my ascended weapon. I even reported this one. But i logged out for a four hours last night came back in later and my weapons stats reverted. I lost the materials i used to make it and the gold i used to buy stuff on the market. BUT the armor i crafted just before that was fine.

@CharuStar.4109 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:All the other times I have seen this brought up is either because the person got confused by the gold/silver/copper divisions or they were unaware of the listing fee when selling items on the TP. Additionally if you use one of the salvage-o-matics then every time you salvage it deducts some money per use. Salvaging a stack of things with the silver fed would take 1.5g.

What I sold on the Trading Post was definitely not enough of a fee to take as much as it had. This looks like something completely different. And I don't use the salvage-o-matics.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If there had been any roll-backs, there would be hundreds of posts.

I'm a bit confused by the statement about selling on the Trading Post; your Gold amount won't change until you pick up the Gold from the Trading Post NPC (and, of course, you can see exactly how much Gold you pick up).It is possible that you are unaware of exactly how the Trading Post works.If so, this may be helpful:

Good luck.

I am aware of how it works. There is a listing fee but this was not it. This acts like it was completely reverted to a time before I did anything. Almost like the money I had just earned at the Trading Post was removed completely and rolled back to a certain point. I picked up what I had before logging out for a night, logged back in just today, noticed I lost the gold I had just earned.

No I have been helpin Charu here with this and even we are confused at why this happened on her account. Its only like 20 gold but its not about the gold it more or less awareness of it and people aren't noticing it.

@Linken.6345 said:So you havent put in any buy orders on the tp?Since that reserve gold from your wallet aswell.

Correct. I haven't done anything that would warrant it disappearing. And honestly it wasn't a great amount lost, so I'm not too hurt about it. More or less curious if anyone else has experienced something similar to this. Others have stated weapon stats reverting and mount skins disappearing. Whatever happened might be the same bug but affected others differently in some way.

Archived