Elite Fleshreaver with Restorer Ability is an OP healer!!

Jong.5937

Did this on my Mirage. Constant condi damage and EVADES and everyone went down. With all the evades the Mirage has you take little damage and have great mobility. You can throw up clones at a never ending pace and shatter them. Axe + Torch = Win (15 stacks Torment, 15 stacks Confusion, 6 stacks Burn, 5 stacks Bleed all on constant upkeep):)

As I said in my 2nd post in this thread, he hits like a wet fish! His damage really wasn't the problem. Frankly I doubt it would be for anyone. Total stalemate was the problem. I'm sure a sufficiently damage/condi heavy class could nuke him down, ideally before the healers even get to reach him, but, again, this isn't some raid boss we are learning to counter here, or any kind of boss at all - just a mob that is out of balance with all his compatriots.

The point of this thread really is two-fold:

• to warn people and let them know they can pick other elites to fight - several people here and in the Disqus comments on the Griffon Collection have, like me mistakenly thought they need to kill every elite they see to open the chests.
  • to hopefully get ANet to look at the scaling of this Restorer ability, because for smaller scale encounters, maybe specifically solo, it's out of whack right now

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Jong.5937 said:What's interesting is "Restorer" seems to be one of the weaker of the new abilities in Bounties - not like the zerg wrecker "Ley-line buildup"! It's barely noticeable, in my experience, in group content. It just seems to scale down really badly.

Yeah, I expected Restorer to be something different when I read the tag on the enemy. I thought it summon healing fields, not veteran mobs that would die so quickly in zergs and be a PITA for solos without massive AoE damage. I was expecting to need a push/pull to remove it from fields to keep it from healing, not
spawning 6+ vets
with huge heal bombs. I was expecting a potent Regen to strip (yay Spellbreaker) or something a breakbar could handle. I thought I could at least interrupt the summoning, but it was automatic
while it was in the middle of an attack.

Absolutely!

Some of these new abilities are specifically there (it seems to me) to stop boon strip working in group content - kinda how the breakbar stopped cc from perma-paralysing the champ. That makes it kind hard for solo content. It could work, if balanced properly, but that's not the case right now.

@chaosdurza.3291 said:It's definitely a learn to play issue. The mount is not meant to be easily obtainable, and within the first few days thousands of players already had obtained it. I completely disagree that you should be able to beat the elite mobs in that instance by merely auto attacking. It's already very easy to get, just time consuming. Nothing needs to be nerfed.

I'd say try changing your build or watch some guide videos to inspire you to try something new on your Druid. If you need some build tips, you're welcome to PM me with questions or I can give you the build I like to run.

Because CLEARLY the OPer's position is that they believe "you should be able to beat the elite mobs in that instance by merely auto attacking". Yep. Strawmanning someone is a foolproof arguing strategy.

How about you get your head out of your ass and realize that not everyone believes that an encounter should require creating a specialized build JUST for that encounter. Any logically created build should be viable so long as it is played decently.

@Jong.5937 said:This guy in the Sunspear Wisdom instance in the library was literally unkillable on my Druid! Spent an hour trying to bring him down with every skill, weapon and utility I could think of (before I realised there are far more elites than keys required, doh!) and my DPS would run out at about 20-30% health and in seconds he'd be back up to 60-70%, or more when I was exhausted and paused for breath!

He spawns more and more veteran healing coalescences as his heath drops, that are tanky as hell. No way I could kill those before they reached him. Couldn't kite him away from them because he would not leave a very small zone.

I know a more zerky character could probably nuke him down but, seriously, that new Restorer ability needs some work at least for small scale mobs. Maybe it works OK for the bounties??

You have to CC his minions. As a Ranger I would think that you could use Frost Trap and Spike Trap. I killed him with my Thief using Caltrops. The minions need to get really close in order to heal him so if you can maintain even a small gap between them, you'll do fine.

Archived