Well Iam going to say it. I would like Instanced Battlegrounds in GW2

1 hour ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

wow has terrible balance, worse balance than gw2, and I'm someone that no-lifed competitive EU private wow arena servers and classic tbc/wotlk, and modern retail wow pvp has been forgotten and gutted in favor of "pve esport mythic+ raiding/5mans". Gw2 is pretty well rounded, don't have to worry about gear, easier to tweak things via amulets.

What version of wow were you playing that was more balanced than gw2 lol, did you even get past 2500+ rating in arena in wow? it's completely imbalanced due to overpowered pve gear being used, and poor class design/comps, even professional world of warcraft x mlg players such as snutz, and chanimal etc etc say this. The only somewhat balanced mode in world of warcraft was 3v3 arena, about it.

Rated Bgs were popular in cata, but in retail everyone avoids it.

Arena net in the past has tried different game mode/bgs but they were not popular and removed..... you got world vs world for large scale, and small scale deathmatch world pvp roaming, you got 3v3 off season spvp in between 5v5 conquest, what else would you want? WSG capture the flag type game modes would be pretty difficult to implement in gw2, and pvp population is pretty low, been bleeding players for years.

I played in wow to a decent level also, with hunter in arena.. which was far from the strongest class. Even with that.. it was far more balanced.

I just finished a game with 2x scourge and a core gaurd... please be real man, the level of aegis/shield/ground spam and res power is fking kitten. There is no comparing this mess to wow in its prime, not one bit. The game before that, tempest, core gaurd and condi/confusion virt, again 2x ranged res, invulns, block spam. Absolute dredge gameplay.

Edited by Flowki.7194

1 hour ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

wow has terrible balance, worse balance than gw2, and I'm someone that no-lifed competitive EU private wow arena servers and classic tbc/wotlk, and modern retail wow pvp has been forgotten and gutted in favor of "pve esport mythic+ raiding/5mans". Gw2 is pretty well rounded, don't have to worry about gear, easier to tweak things via amulets.

What version of wow were you playing that was more balanced than gw2 lol, did you even get past 2500+ rating in arena in wow? it's completely imbalanced due to overpowered pve gear being used, and poor class design/comps, even professional world of warcraft x mlg players such as snutz, and chanimal etc etc say this. The only somewhat balanced mode in world of warcraft was 3v3 arena, about it.

Rated Bgs were popular in cata, but in retail everyone avoids it.

Arena net in the past has tried different game mode/bgs but they were not popular and removed..... you got world vs world for large scale, and small scale deathmatch world pvp roaming, you got 3v3 off season spvp in between 5v5 conquest, what else would you want? WSG capture the flag type game modes would be pretty difficult to implement in gw2, and pvp population is pretty low, been bleeding players for years.

fotm pve trinkets. You need to get this high mythic key trinkets 

18 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

You're quoting me on something that was 4-5years ago? Are you insane? 

Also isn't WvW that BG style of gameplay?

um No. WvW is a Open World sim. It has no winners or losers and no objectives.  Just 24/7 Fights. Thats not BG style gameplay. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

You do understand BGs are not popular in world of warcraft right? You understand majority of the community in both classic wow and retail wow see's bgs as a choir to get gear for arena right? And you also know majority of battlegrounds in wow are bots and afk players, no one enjoys them in 2024....I highly doubt gw2 pvp player  base would even play the game if you got rid of 5v5 conquest for wow style battlegrounds....sounds like an awful idea.

I mean people even hated doing bgs back in 2008ish when they were using Honorbuddy to bot bgs for honor, because of how tedious and imbalanced they were...

no PvP is gear driven, and because the developers made all the best PvP gear only obtainable in Arenas, it killed  some of the popuation BG the same way Anet adding Pips to WvW but not EoTM killed EoTM. EoTM was more popular, but offers less reward for its effort for progress. So less people play it.  Its a ghost zone now. But despite that, BG are still the most popular, since it doesnt required fixed premade groups and anybody can join. Its still the most popular place for PvP in that game. Just doesnt have the progression for gear that people wanted.

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Thanks 1