Next Elite Weapon Poll

Baudrillard.4612

I am stuck with greatsword and staff.......

As for mechanics, I hope to see a technomancer theme Elite Spec or a Elite Spec that specialize in sacrificing a Kit or two kits to completely change the Main Weapon's 5 skills. Yes it will be a pain to make 5 or 10 new set of 2,3, and 5 skills for each Main Weapon plus Elite Weapon, but we are Engineers and being creative with what we have is part of our job.

I really hope for a saboteur/sapper spec with longbow (explosive arrows, mines (traps), with a buch of cc/cripple/weakness etc ...) it would better fit my Charr than any staff spec with electricity or magitech (better for asura) ... I know, i'm a bit selfish but I'm allowed to dream, am I ?

Actually changed my mind and voted for torch. Bear with me here.

It will be part of a new elite spec called the 'Skip Fire'(or dumpster fire if you prefer)

This centres around a new mechanic. When combat begins the Skip is summoned automatically and the player's character climbs inside. Pressing either button four or five(the torch -aha!) sets the Skip and the player's character on fire.

While inside of the Skip, in addition to the low level fire dot(which is unquenchable) the player is also rooted and revelaed but still able to use their weapons. Turrets aren't spawnable, gadgets aren't usable, and elixir use only adds an additional(though temporary) level to the burning stack.

Enemy players attacking the Skip Fire become stuck inside the Skip as well where after they are also set on fire, rooted in place, revealed, and prevented for the next twenty seconds from using condition clears or stunbreaks by a status effect called "Down To Their Level."

Staying inside an enemy player's Skip fire and succumbing to the fire effect will grant players a one time earnable achievement "And Beaten By Experience."

Additional note. There will be no traitings in the Skip Fire line, passive or other. Skip Fire will simply occupy a whole spec line slot and nothing else, because reasons.

• 4 weeks later...

Greatsword

Currently there are2 Heavy armor - Warrior and Guardian2 Light armor - Necro and Mesmer1 Medium armor - Ranger

That can use GS. If they are distributing Weapons evenly among the 9 classes this means the next GS spec will be given to the medium armor classes.

Since I can't even begin to imagine Thief with a GS..for me the only choice is Engi

Also I think Holosmith is proof of concept that melee sword wielding engi is fun and cool looking