HOPE IV Can't Be Finished

Erikir.3765

I am working on finishing HOPE IV in anticipation of PoF, however with the current gamestate it cannot be done. It requires one item - Branded Devourer Ichor - that cannot be obtained. To get this item one must kill a champion branded devourer, of which there are two. One is at the end of the lengthy Devouring the Brand event chain that is permanently stalled at the very first step with some NPC not even leaving the stating point and others standing around partway on the trail not moving and fully invulnerable. The second Devouer occurs in a random Field of Ruin event by Sniper's Woods. However, in the area it always gives the notification that the event is active however the devourer does not actually spawn into the world, travelling all over that area there is no indicator, the creature simply does not exist despite the event notification saying that it does.

Because of this HOPE cannot be completed. It would be helpful if either: a) one of these events were fixed, b) a third method to get this ichor was included in the game, or c) Branded Devourer Ichor was simply removed from the collection.

Devouring the Brand has been bugged since release. The only way to complete it is waiting after an update or until there's Iron Marches event daily, and hoping you'll land in an instance of the map were it is not bugged yet, and that it will not get bugged while you complete it.

The champion devourer event used to work until recently. But now it is almost invariably bugged.

I have finished HOPE IV last Saturday. I'm not sure if it was due to a daily or simply because it was the weekend (although this was around 5pm UTC+2) which got me to hop maps, but I did manage to get the Devourer Ichor, by sheer luck. However, it still nags the heck out of me that this ain't fixed, even after more than a month when the second option for the ichor got bugged as well.This pretty much ruined my motivation to get a second legendary, for probably a while.

I'd say, seeing as the the event in Fields of Ruin is a lost cause, try checking out when the Shatterer event is about to start. Most of the time there should be enough people in one map for another one to open up, or check during the weekend / when a daily for Iron Marches shows up.

Also it would be nice for a Dev to give some information about this, because I'm sure there are hundreds of tickets about this problem alone.

• 2 months later...

Archived