WBR Info bar display error?

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Logged In and got the T4 rewards for the Boss Rush, yet the bar appears to be stuck at T4 around 95%. Asked around and apparently it's been like that for hours now. Not sure if this is going to affect T5 or if it's just a display error?

I don't think it's stuck.

I suspect they started using a non-linear progression. As a made-up example, maybe the tier 1 bar required 1000 boss kills, with progress marked at

• 10%: 10,
  • 25%: 100,
  • 50%: 200,
  • 65%: 300,
  • 90%: 400,
  • 98%: 500, and
  • 100%: 1000

This gives us the feeling of momentum as the tier begins, the better to encourage participation, and then slows down towards the end to give people who play less a chance to chime in with their own kills.

It also prevents the event from feeling that it's over too quickly and now we're just waiting around.

Another possibility is that people hold back towards the end, with the number of leechers increasing as a fraction of all participants. (I think this is less likely because lots of folks see it like you: "we're almost done, let's hurry up and move on to the next tier.")

FYI the last mystic forge event in LA worked the same way: initial progress was quick; the last bit of each tier seemed to take forever (even though it was clear that lots of people were still donating).

Accordingly, I'm nearly certain it's not a bug and we'll hit and complete Tier 5 well before the official end of the Rush.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Logged In and got the T4 rewards for the Boss Rush, yet the bar appears to be stuck at T4 around 95%. Asked around and apparently it's been like that for hours now. Not sure if this is going to affect T5 or if it's just a display error?

I don't think it's stuck.

I suspect they started using a non-linear progression. As a made-up example, maybe the tier 1 bar required 1000 boss kills, with progress marked at
  • 10%: 10,
  • 25%: 100,
  • 50%: 200,
  • 65%: 300,
  • 90%: 400,
  • 98%: 500, and
  • 100%: 1000

This gives us the feeling of momentum as the tier begins, the better to encourage participation, and then slows down towards the end to give people who play less a chance to chime in with their own kills.

It also prevents the event from feeling that it's over too quickly and now we're just waiting around.

Another possibility is that people hold back towards the end, with the number of leechers increasing as a fraction of all participants. (I think this is less likely because lots of folks see it like you: "we're almost done, let's hurry up and move on to the next tier.")

FYI the last mystic forge event in LA worked the same way: initial progress was quick; the last bit of each tier seemed to take forever (even though it was clear that lots of people were still donating).

Accordingly, I'm nearly certain it's not a bug and we'll hit and complete Tier 5 well before the official end of the
Rush

I know how it works, but I've got the T4 rewards AND the Achievement for T4 is also Completed, yet according to the info bar T4 hasn't finished yet! So somethings wrong somewhere....

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ryukai.6524 said:I know how it works, but I've got the T4 rewards AND the Achievement for T4 is also Completed, yet according to the info bar T4 hasn't finished yet! So somethings wrong somewhere....

Oh I misunderstood (seen a lot of complaints about a stuck progress bar, which isn't quite the same)

Yup saw that on the last event, but I can see it's moved since I logged on, So not stuck, but I am kinda worried what will happen when it finishes, will it transition correctly to T5, or will it bug as the Achievement (and therefore some part of the coding) considers it already completed :/ guess Well find out in the next hour or so :P

@Ryukai.6524 said:

@Ryukai.6524 said:I know how it works, but I've got the T4 rewards AND the Achievement for T4 is also Completed, yet according to the info bar T4 hasn't finished yet! So somethings wrong somewhere....

Oh I misunderstood (seen a lot of complaints about a stuck progress bar, which isn't quite the same)

Yup saw that on the last event, but I can see it's moved since I logged on, So not stuck, but I am kinda worried what will happen when it finishes, will it transition correctly to T5, or will it bug as the Achievement (and therefore some part of the coding) considers it already completed :/ guess Well find out in the next hour or so :P

Or Monday. Or Tuesday.Fortunately, progress is swift enough that even if T5 started Monday at 4 pm, I'm sure we'd manage to complete it before the originally scheduled event end time.

Archived