Feat Req: QOL and customizations for home instance

Its the home that isn't a home. More like a market or park I sometimes visit when bored and then remember how lame the place is. It was kind of cool getting a kitchen and a garden, even if I can't afford to plant anything in it. Yet it feels so lacking and empty and sterile.

For the home instance, please add some things:

1. Allow mount and glider use. If that doesn't sit well with you, eliminate the falling damage from jumping around in it and give everyone some turbo charged movement.
  2. Allow us to add crafting stations (in addition to the world's most expensive stove). I've got tons of tools in my RL basement and built all sorts of furniture, toys and stuff but I can't do that in my GW2 home?
  3. Where are my family photos? My trophies? Nik naks? Bed? Dining room? Anything to make the place feel like a home! Guild Halls get all sorts of customizations and personalizations, bring that to the home instances.

I once rented a room in a boarding house with addicts, vagrants, and guys that stole my food and I still made that room feel like home. The GW2 "home" isn't a home.

The cats are a cool thing.

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:Its the home that isn't a home. More like a market or park I sometimes visit when bored and then remember how lame the place is. It was kind of cool getting a kitchen and a garden, even if I can't afford to plant anything in it. Yet it feels so lacking and empty and sterile.

1. Allow mount and glider use. If that doesn't sit well with you, eliminate the falling damage from jumping around in it and give everyone some turbo charged movement.
  2. Allow us to add crafting stations (in addition to the world's most expensive stove). I've got tons of tools in my RL basement and built all sorts of furniture, toys and stuff but I can't do that in my GW2 home?
  3. Where are my family photos? My trophies? Nik naks? Bed? Dining room? Anything to make the place feel like a home! Guild Halls get all sorts of customizations and personalizations, bring that to the home instances.

I once rented a room in a boarding house with addicts, vagrants, and guys that stole my food and I still made that room feel like home. The GW2 "home" isn't a home.

Costs nothing to plant your garden:

"The seeds need to be purchased from a Gardener near the plot. They are free, however, some of the seeds need to be unlocked first via additional collection."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Garden_Plot_Deed

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:Its the home that isn't a home. More like a market or park I sometimes visit when bored and then remember how lame the place is. It was kind of cool getting a kitchen and a garden, even if I can't afford to plant anything in it. Yet it feels so lacking and empty and sterile.

"The seeds need to be purchased from a Gardener near the plot. They are free, however, some of the seeds need to be unlocked first via additional collection."

Can't buy anything from the Gardener near the plot with just the free plot. Also no teleporter or other shortcut to plots if you only have the free plot.

My home instance in the Grove is starting to feel crowded. There are lots of NPCs wandering around, a ragtag herd of cats, gathering nodes, garden plots, the kitchen, the hero point pond, and all sorts of odd nooks and crannies and bridges leading various places. I do sometimes wish I could use a mount or my glider to get around but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

Can't buy anything from the Gardener near the plot with just the free plot. Also no teleporter or other shortcut to plots if you only have the free plot.

This. Plus those BL plots cost 1k gems! So not free. I didn't go through the super expensive collection just to make regular food using common ingredients.

In any case, getting off point. The home instance needs some home touches.