My Wishlist for Warrior Balance

Myror.7521

@Hitman.5829 said:If you look at warrior skills, most of them deal pure strike damage and are single target, unlike the skills of other professions that deal damage and also apply conditions, give defensive boons and/or buffs.Most of them? Clearly that is not true. None of the Signets even deal damage, the same is true for all the Stances, all Shouts and all Banners except the Elite. And that is before considering the weapons skills, which commonly cleave, inflict conditions or apply boons.

@Katary.7096 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:If you look at warrior skills, most of them deal pure strike damage and are single target, unlike the skills of other professions that deal damage and also apply conditions, give defensive boons and/or buffs.Most of them? Clearly that is not true. None of the Signets even deal damage, the same is true for all the Stances, all Shouts and all Banners except the Elite. And that is before considering the weapons skills, which commonly cleave, inflict conditions or apply boons.

Very true, the only ones that really do much of any damage are our physical skills and rage skills.

@Katary.7096 said:

When I say skills, I am talking about weapon skills NOT utilities.

@"Hitman.5829" said:When I say skills, I am talking about weapon skills NOT utilities.When you say "utilities", do you include healing skills, elite skills and profession skills? Having a personal interpretation of a general term tends to hinder communication, so please consider typing out "weapon" before "skills" in the future.But back to the topic: "Most warrior weapon skills purely inflict power damage and are single target" is still not correct. Only 6 out of 52 [7 out of 61 with elite specializations] warrior weapon skills fulfill that requirement. (Not counting aquatic weapons, since Anet obviously doesn't.)

@Rettan.9603 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Magebane Tether NOT granting Might is just outright malicious to ask for although I can see merit to reducing the Might gain in PvP and maybe WvW

I think magebane is not the biggest problem at Spellbreaker. Maybe reduce the Dmg multiplier because of the multiplier stacking, but the might is fine as it is.

The bigger problem (that nobody speaks about) is Attackers Insight. Its dmg boost is enormous (esp. with all the dmg modifiers) and in the current setup its easy to have a high uptime.The first nerf of Spellbreaker should be that. (Replace the stacks with Might could be an option.)

why nerf attackers insight and such when builds without magebane are fine with them.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Magebane Tether NOT granting Might is just outright malicious to ask for although I can see merit to reducing the Might gain in PvP and maybe WvW

I think magebane is not the biggest problem at Spellbreaker. Maybe reduce the Dmg multiplier because of the multiplier stacking, but the might is fine as it is.

The bigger problem (that nobody speaks about) is Attackers Insight. Its dmg boost is enormous (esp. with all the dmg modifiers) and in the current setup its easy to have a high uptime.The first nerf of Spellbreaker should be that. (Replace the stacks with Might could be an option.)

why nerf attackers insight and such when builds without magebane are fine with them.

What build you mean?

Archived