Dynamic Camouflage outfit

Is there an auto adapting camouflage outfit in gw2? The outfit should behave like a chameleon... Should change colors based on the environment textures...if I run in a dense Forest, the outfit changes it's colors to green... Else if it was a desert, it changes accordingly...

1) Is there such a thing in gw2? If so, what's the name. I'll look forward to buy it next time they post it in gemstore

2) Is there an alternative outfit that comes close to it? Plz don't suggest starborn outfit

As cool as it would be I'm not sure it would be possible, or practical, for them to make an outfit like this. There would have to be a way for it to "know" what colour the background is and that would require some sort of code to tell it what colours are used on each object and texture (or at least the major ones like the ground and trees) and which way the camera is pointing, and then code to keep updating the outfit based on that data. That's a lot of extra processing for a novelty effect.

Although, what they maybe could do is create an outfit or infusion which uses the stealth texture where your character is transparent. It would have to be changed or disabled in WvW to prevent it being perma-stealth, but it would look cool.

Archived