Tremors (aka transfer chaser) question...

Jia Shen.4217

When this content was first added how did people know the content existed? I ask because I know historically players where invited to talk to NPC etc by in game mail indicated with a green star. I took a break from the game shortly before this content was added and haven't started playing again until now. Though I did always regularly log in to make sure I got content unlocks. And when I check mail recently I noticed any game generated mail I had saved that is older than one year was deleted (did arenanet put in some sort of code to remove game generated mail older that X time?) I never deleted any of them because I wanted it for reference much like the info we see in the story journal. Also the wiki always had the contents of said mail on a page related to the NPC or content it referred to. Searching for more info other than a rough guide saying to go to the NPC at each of X locations and then find the sensors in that location I see no info on how people knew this content existed to do. Thus I feel like I'm missing a piece of the content. Thanks for any info you can give.

I seem to recall that this was one of the things that were mentioned in a cryptic release note sentence, then found by players trying to make sense of it. Originally, the npc was in the first location, then moved to the next one every couple of weeks. Not sure if the dialog was different then, I didn't play this myself until several weeks later.

edit: found the patch notes :

General

• Tremors are coming from the north.

As said above, it was slightly different when it launched. There was a new Charr npc in frost gorge as indicated in the patch notes. It may even have had an icon over their head.

The npc would move every so often in a line towards the fire islands with new dialogue each time - leaving the players to find them each time

@"Rasimir.6239" said:I seem to recall that this was one of the things that were mentioned in a cryptic release note sentence, then found by players trying to make sense of it. Originally, the npc was in the first location, then moved to the next one every couple of weeks. Not sure if the dialog was different then, I didn't play this myself until several weeks later.

edit: found the patch notes :

General
  • Tremors are coming from the north.

Interesting I recall one other update that was like that. It drove me nuts as I was like in game the moment the update went live on the previous one(s) like that.

@Randulf.7614 said:As said above, it was slightly different when it launched. There was a new Charr npc in frost gorge as indicated in the patch notes. It may even have had an icon over their head.

The npc would move every so often in a line towards the fire islands with new dialogue each time - leaving the players to find them each time

Fortunately the wiki archived the NPC dialog for the content as it was when released. The dialog now in the game takes the past tense approach to it. Which is neat in a way because it gives you the feel of picking up in the aftermath of what it was. Something I had hoped they would do with more than just Lion's Arch in the wake of living story season 1 so that what ya ma call it zone wasn't a wasteland of wreckage any more and something more than just the krytan and centaur war. But that's another discussion.