qT's updated builds and benchmarks

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:The problem is qT presents its benchmarks under ideal circumstances after repeated attempts at maximizing the DPS number to be used as the benchmark. What would be most accurate is an average of say 100 attempts. There also isn't benchmark data on a fight by fight basis. They should at least do DPS benchmarks using the mobile setting as well, to demonstrate DPS on a moving target.You're not wrong, but that's a lot of work that they're by no means obligated to do. I'm just happy that they do
anything
at all, and all the fancy other stuff is just gravy.

That part is on us. As I've said before qT (and others) have done a great job at demonstration what a class's potential is under ideal settings. But, really, to ask them to go through every fight and every variation is too much of an effort for little to no value. If you've played a class you know what their limitations are, and from there you know what encounter said class would excel/struggle at. Sure everyone immediately shoots for the #1 damage dealer, but I doubt very many players actually do the homework to see what the contingencies are to get that level of damage.

Again, someone can grab a Condi Mirage and easily beat a Weaver, yet the benchmark says that there should be more than a 10k difference in potential.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@savacli.8172 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:The problem is qT presents its benchmarks under ideal circumstances after repeated attempts at maximizing the DPS number to be used as the benchmark. What would be most accurate is an average of say 100 attempts. There also isn't benchmark data on a fight by fight basis. They should at least do DPS benchmarks using the mobile setting as well, to demonstrate DPS on a moving target.You're not wrong, but that's a lot of work that they're by no means obligated to do. I'm just happy that they do
anything
at all, and all the fancy other stuff is just gravy.

That part is on us. As I've said before qT (and others) have done a great job at demonstration what a class's potential is under ideal settings. But, really, to ask them to go through every fight and every variation is too much of an effort for little to no value. If you've played a class you know what their limitations are, and from there you know what encounter said class would excel/struggle at. Sure everyone immediately shoots for the #1 damage dealer, but I doubt very many players actually do the homework to see what the contingencies are to get that level of damage.

Again, someone can grab a Condi Mirage and easily beat a Weaver, yet the benchmark says that there should be more than a 10k difference in potential.

What qT give us is a basic framework, a sense of what's generally good and how it works. They don't spoon-feed us everything up to the precise comp and skill choices for every fight. It's not needed. Those players who actively raid already can make the necessary tweaks and they know what to tweak out of necessity. When you've played that same encounter dozens of times you just know what works and what doesn't.

So the problem isn't the benchmarks. The problem is the people who do not realize the benchmarks are only a reference and that the result may vary greatly depending on where you're trying to apply a specific build. Mirage is absolutely astonishing on Matthias. I'm an ele main since launch, I loved to play Tempest and I love to play Weaver as well. But I don't even think twice before relogging to Mirage for Matty.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to make people understand. They just need to play, try out different builds and see it for themselves.

Archived