qT's updated builds and benchmarks

Qt and what they do is a great thing to the community. Unfortunately players get it twisted and feel that the team needs to be this to succeed. Wrong, I pug all the time and the no 1 thing that defeats groups is people just don't understand mechanics. I mean Qt defeats raid bosses with less than 10 people and I never see a 3man VG in lfg. I recently did a 6 cps with firebrand runes and destroy ed gorse. Good times.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mikeskies.1536 said:Play your D/D Deadeye and put complainers to shame. There was a DPS pug in my last raid complaining that we had a DE in our group for Samarog. DE was highest DPS and provided great utility with Basilisk Venom for breakbar.

That says more about pug raids than deadeye in raids.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:Play your D/D Deadeye and put complainers to shame. There was a DPS pug in my last raid complaining that we had a DE in our group for Samarog. DE was highest DPS and provided great utility with Basilisk Venom for breakbar.

You know that DE could have been anything other spec and done everything you said right ?It's not that DE is good (it's not) it's that core thief's utility and damage are enough to cover the lackluster DE.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Deadeye doesn't have enough DPS to compete for a DPS spot.........

A somewhere under 1K dps of Power Staff, with a much easier rotation, and with ALL of the utilities that a Deadeye can provide without donating their entire trait tree for DPS? Yeaaaah... qT can burn in hell with their speedrun meta.

See, this is why DPS meters are a good thing, you can actually
prove
your worth.

You know... I am usually strongly against DPS meters... but you chose your words well and chose when to use them well. :/

I'm gonna install one at some point.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Deadeye doesn't have enough DPS to compete for a DPS spot.........

A somewhere under 1K dps of Power Staff, with a much easier rotation, and with ALL of the utilities that a Deadeye can provide without donating their entire trait tree for DPS? Yeaaaah... qT can burn in hell with their speedrun meta.

prove
your worth.

You know... I am usually strongly against DPS meters... but you chose your words well and chose when to use them well. :/

You're overlooking a major issue. If you're not able to get in now because of the stigma behind the spec, it wont change anything, because you still need to get in in the first place.

@Eponet.4829 said:

prove
your worth.

You're overlooking a major issue. If you're not able to get in now because of the stigma behind the spec, it wont change anything, because you still need to get in in the first place.

The more people have dps meters, the more people will get rid of the stupid mentality "we accept only what qT says is best on the golem" and the easier it will become to get in. When you're running one, you simply can't help but notice how far away your performance is from the benchmark. Or when a supposedly "trash-tier" dps outclasses you. So yeah... a meter is not going to solve the issue for you immediately. But it's a step in the right direction.

@Feanor.2358 said:The more people have dps meters, the more people will get rid of the stupid mentality "we accept only what qT says is best on the golem" and the easier it will become to get in. When you're running one, you simply can't help but notice how far away your performance is from the benchmark. Or when a supposedly "trash-tier" dps outclasses you. So yeah... a meter is not going to solve the issue for you immediately. But it's a step in the right direction.

I wish this were true, but there is a million ways to weasel out of the results of the DPS meter. Even if you're highest in team while playing something like power Herald, everyone will still say it is bad because you could've done more on another spec, or that they're doing worse because they have to constantly carry you. I got this on occasion while pugging fractals on my Scrapper. It didn't matter how many times I broke the bar or how often I used function gyro to save somebody, the class was terrible and I was a bad person for using it.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:The more people have dps meters, the more people will get rid of the stupid mentality "we accept only what qT says is best on the golem" and the easier it will become to get in. When you're running one, you simply can't help but notice how far away your performance is from the benchmark. Or when a supposedly "trash-tier" dps outclasses you. So yeah... a meter is not going to solve the issue for you immediately. But it's a step in the right direction.

I wish this were true, but there is a million ways to weasel out of the results of the DPS meter. Even if you're highest in team while playing something like power Herald, everyone will still say it is bad because you could've done more on another spec, or that they're doing worse because they have to constantly carry you. I got this on occasion while pugging fractals on my Scrapper. It didn't matter how many times I broke the bar or how often I used function gyro to save somebody, the class was terrible and I was a bad person for using it.

A fair point, however that won't be everyone. There will be some players who will simply accept the facts. Better some than none, right?

Better than dps meters will be when gw2raidar approaches the functionality of warcraftlogs.

A log parsing tool with the analysis capacity of warcraft logs did much to dispel pug adherence to simcraft benchmarks, and simcarft merely remained as a way to judge gearing.

The problem is Anet is half-hearted at best in supporting high level PvE. Instanced content didn't even come in this expansin release, which tells you they think of the importance of instanced content in terms of what content should come when one pays for an expansion.

No honest, consistent efforts at instanced PvE balance, and instanced PvE content is scant. 3 fractals a year? Please, FFXIV releases 2 new dungeons every 3-4 months with crystal tower on top. WoW is not far behind.

But much of the PvE budget gets siphoned to open world, a complete abandonment of Guild Wars 1's great wealth of instanced content.

@Zenith.7301 said:The problem is Anet is half-hearted at best in supporting high level PvE. Instanced content didn't even come in this expansin release, which tells you they think of the importance of instanced content in terms of what content should come when one pays for an expansion.

No honest, consistent efforts at instanced PvE balance, and instanced PvE content is scant. 3 fractals a year? Please, FFXIV releases 2 new dungeons every 3-4 months with crystal tower on top. WoW is not far behind.

Keep in mind that Anet is marketing GW2 as an MMO that is casual players friendly. I believe, what is happening in opeworld, events and lore is more important for the studio then the endgame content. Not saying that they don't. I mean there are dedicated teams working on that. But at a rather slower pace. Given how great they do their job. I cant even blame them tbh. I'd prefer a slower pace released content that is done very well over a rushed added content that bugges all over the place. Quality > quantity

@Zenith.7301 said:No honest, consistent efforts at instanced PvE balance, and instanced PvE content is scant. 3 fractals a year? Please, FFXIV releases 2 new dungeons every 3-4 months with crystal tower on top. WoW is not far behind.

You can't expect a F2P game to put out the same amount of content as a subscription based one. For $15 a month, you can expect more content, for zero you are getting LW story/map every couple of months and 3 fractals per year, pretty comparable really.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:No honest, consistent efforts at instanced PvE balance, and instanced PvE content is scant. 3 fractals a year? Please, FFXIV releases 2 new dungeons every 3-4 months with crystal tower on top. WoW is not far behind.

You can't expect a F2P game to put out the same amount of content as a subscription based one. For $15 a month, you can expect more content, for zero you are getting LW story/map every couple of months and 3 fractals per year, pretty comparable really.

The Gemstore is strong as hell in this game for their profit.

You literally need to buy more character slots, bank slots and resource stack slots (gg no bypassing these 3). Then there is all the people who get shared slots and copper o matic. Then you have the fashion wars crowd. Most people are casual so don't do gold > gems so it's all real money, and anyway someone has to buy the gems in the first place.

It's interesting: Why is qT is still seen as a problem... In the past people were directed to MetaBattle, and this also created the same discussion.

People playing a longer time know the 1st meta was fluid and depended on skill choice and mechanic counters more then stats (berserker for the win) and fixed traits...builds for different content and/or goals are based upon different assumptions....

So qT and SC have nice pages with great builds, but with a clear goal... To be used in group instances only... For solo, farming, PvP or WvW these builds are nice reference material, but otherwise non Meta as well...

I like qT and SC sites. And use 'm as reference. However if you want to make a build, and it's not meant for speedclear in raids or fractals...: You should likely not venture there.

This statement does not give much credit to the members of high end recordrunning, lowmanning and metatesting guilds. I am however very gratefull for all guides, and content provided to the community. Thank You!

The problem is qT presents its benchmarks under ideal circumstances after repeated attempts at maximizing the DPS number to be used as the benchmark. What would be most accurate is an average of say 100 attempts. There also isn't benchmark data on a fight by fight basis. They should at least do DPS benchmarks using the mobile setting as well, to demonstrate DPS on a moving target.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:The problem is qT presents its benchmarks under ideal circumstances after repeated attempts at maximizing the DPS number to be used as the benchmark. What would be most accurate is an average of say 100 attempts. There also isn't benchmark data on a fight by fight basis. They should at least do DPS benchmarks using the mobile setting as well, to demonstrate DPS on a moving target.You're not wrong, but that's a lot of work that they're by no means obligated to do. I'm just happy that they do anything at all, and all the fancy other stuff is just gravy.

Archived