Mystic Forge promotion broken?

Gildana.8529

I've done more than that without an exotic. Normally it seems if I flush 4 rares of different weapon types I often end up with a rare underwater weapon even if the ones I flushed didn't include one. It seems the forge loves giving me those. :tongue:

Seems you just had some bad luck or maybe your luck ran out depending on how you want to look at it. :smile:

15-20 isn't anywhere near enough tries to establish bad luck. I flushed a bunch of rare sigils/runes and got about 40% promoted recently (which made up for a bad streak of closer to 10%).

A while back, I had an interesting (to me) pair of streaks, forging masterwork for a chance of rares

• The first ~120 (30 attempts) yielded only 1 rare (expected: 6).
  • Ran through ~32 more and ended up with 6 rares (expected 1.5)

The first streak looks awful (and it was); the second streak looks amazing (and it was). But combined, the net result was nearly exactly average.

We humans are great at spotting patterns; it's one of our survival traits. The problem is that true random behavior exhibits patterns over short periods of time; it's only in the long run that the patterns start to disappear.

tl;dr 15-20 isn't enough to establish that you even had absolutely horrid luck; your luck was just bad.

I think the mystic toilet should be at the same rate of getting an exotic before pof went live, but it could be that there might have been a change that was either intentional or not that could have be present after pof was launched and was not disclose in the update log.I think the only reasonable way to see if indeed the toilet has been tweaked would have to get the toilet equation for exotics before pof was launched and then get the equation now to compare both of them to see if there is any discrepancy in the new vs. old.It might be reasonable if anet did in fact change the equation for toilet exotics if the reason, in my opinion, is that getting rares have gotten easier to be obtained from the new maps than the old maps and HOT maps.

Archived