Gw2 Cataclism Idea

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I kinda wished they would just invest in the engine.Set aside a team to write a new engine for the game. Should be doable in a year.That would improve the game on so many levels

People already whine about no new content and that the game is dead just between LS chapters and you want to put things on hold for a year?

I kinda wished they would just invest in the engine.
Set aside a team to write a new engine for the game.
Should be doable in a year.That would improve the game on so many levels

apologies, I hadn't made the important part part of my original comment extremely obvious. fixed now

to add, I heard NC Soft just invested a good few millions in NC West, but that will most likely go to mobile games and other
kitten

From which team would you set aside resources? I agree that upgrading the engine would be a great improvement, but I don't know from where they would pull a team to do it and not damage the perception that the players already have that they cannot produce content.

None. You can hire project based coders.To write an engine you don't have to be part of the core team. It would be an investment, sure. But given the demand, I'd think it'd be worth it

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I kinda wished they would just invest in the engine.Set aside a team to write a new engine for the game. Should be doable in a year.That would improve the game on so many levels

People already whine about no new content and that the game is dead just between LS chapters and you want to put things on hold for a year?

apologies, I hadn't made the important part part of my original comment extremely obvious. fixed now

to add, I heard NC Soft just invested a good few millions in NC West, but that will most likely go to mobile games and other
kitten

From which team would you set aside resources? I agree that upgrading the engine would be a great improvement, but I don't know from where they would pull a team to do it and not damage the perception that the players already have that they cannot produce content.

None. You can hire project based coders.To write an engine you don't have to be part of the core team. It would be an investment, sure. But given the demand, I'd think it'd be worth it

Hiring coders is different than setting aside a team. I get your point, though. I think a lot of us would believe the investment to be worth it; however, we aren't Anet's investors who see all of the finances and are not in a position to make that determination. Unfortunately.

@kharmin.7683 said:

kitten

Hiring coders is different than setting aside a team. I get your point, though. I think a lot of us would believe the investment to be worth it; however, we aren't Anet's investors who see all of the finances and are not in a position to make that determination. Unfortunately.

Okay, poorly worded on my part. I meant to have a team on the side entirely dedicated on it. Preferably hired staff, supported maybe by 2-3 core devs.

A better engine means more dedicated and happy players, and in return, more gem store flow

please no. I really dont want any more WoW flashbacks. They allready pulled the ancient dragon goes off, wrecks the world and changes all the maps trick. Its not a novel idea. It was also the meh expansion that got me to kick the habbit back in the day. While I wouldnt mind seeing something like a revitalized orr I dont want all the old maps changed up and muck up the flow of the storyline.